PDA

View Full Version : Boat wakes

Chefwong
07-22-2006, 11:22 PM
I just got done riding a clinic with dave briscoe and the wake of the Supra 24SSV makes my 04 Mobius LSV with 2000LBS of ballast look like crap. Does anyone know what the New LSV and the new XLV are wakewise in comparison to the supra?

JoeTechie
07-23-2006, 10:27 PM
I think the new LSV (longer / wider hull) has a cleaner, larger (and obviously wider) wake than the previous years. The XLV is unchanged for the past few years. (I'm betting they change that for '07).

Most of the Supra technology passes down to the moomba's about 2 years later.

What a great deal for us - tons of excellent R&D for the cutting edge users, that want the best for a little less (Supra vs MC & CC), and we only have to wait a short while for to have brough to us for $10k less (Moomba) :)

-Joe

07-26-2006, 02:59 PM
Pulled a wakeboard comp with my 06 LSV a couple of weekends ago. A Supra 21V pulled the upper classes. Yes the LSV wake is very good, but not quite the gurth of the Supra 21V. On the otherhand, none of the Outlaw riders had problems pulling any trick behind my LSV last weekend. From a 720 to an S-Bend.
LSV - weighted
400lb front under floor - 600lbs front on top of floor
250lbs in each back locker
600lbs on floor at the back seat
Trim almost all the way up.

Buttafewcoe
07-26-2006, 06:31 PM
One of the things I've learnd about ballast is............
The 60/40 rule really does make a difference. When you are weighting you boat, you really do need to put 40% of the weight in the bow.
I now place a 440# ballast bag in the walk-way between the bow seats, a 275# AND another 440# behind the motor cover.

I used to put the 440#'s beside the motor cover with the 275# under the rear seat ('04 Outback DD), which made a pretty good wake, don't get me wrong, But the distribution between front and back was soooo much better. I couldn't believe it.
Hope this helps
B