PDA

View Full Version : Surf wave 2010 lsv vs?

loudsubz
08-28-2016, 08:55 AM
Lately it seems the surf boat market has exploded. All we do now is surf since we are getting older and the joints can't take the abuse from big jumps on the wakeboard.

We have been playing around with the surf setup and safely loading the boat but I'm not sure if we will ever be similar to the types of waves you see on some of the surf specific boats.

Has anyone compared the waves behind some of the stock surf boats offered now a days vs different loading configurations on the older lsv?

We were looking at maybe upgrading, but with that obviously comes $$ and if we did make the purchase it would have to be a big step up from the surf wave on our lsv so for those who have ridden and compared is there a big difference in the waves and is it worth the upgrade?

*not talking about a pavati type surf boat lol

snyderaaron
08-28-2016, 09:24 AM
Lately it seems the surf boat market has exploded. All we do now is surf since we are getting older and the joints can't take the abuse from big jumps on the wakeboard.

We have been playing around with the surf setup and safely loading the boat but I'm not sure if we will ever be similar to the types of waves you see on some of the surf specific boats.

Has anyone compared the waves behind some of the stock surf boats offered now a days vs different loading configurations on the older lsv?

We were looking at maybe upgrading, but with that obviously comes $$ and if we did make the purchase it would have to be a big step up from the surf wave on our lsv so for those who have ridden and compared is there a big difference in the waves and is it worth the upgrade?

*not talking about a pavati type surf boat lol

If you have a 2010 lsv, don't upgrade. I had 1100 in back 400 ski, IBS , and Ronix wakeshaper. Wave was way better than my 16 mojo. If you don't have a suck gate, consider making one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wolfeman131
08-28-2016, 09:43 AM
If you have a 2010 lsv, don't upgrade. I had 1100 in back 400 ski, IBS , and Ronix wakeshaper. Wave was way better than my 16 mojo. If you don't have a suck gate, consider making one.

When set up correctly, the new Mojo, Craz, Helix, etc will produce a wave that exceeds a 2010 LSV. The newer hulls are deeper and therefore, with enough weight, you can get more boat in the water (i.e. displacement) and a larger wave. We've moved from an OBV, to a Mojo, to a SG and now a SA. There have been surf systems added & upgraded with each that have enhanced the wave, but the overall size of the boat has resulted in larger, more powerful waves.

russellsmojo
08-28-2016, 10:00 PM
What Drew said^^. Factor in another $500 to $1,000 in additional weight.

icemanftr
08-28-2016, 10:42 PM

Agreed! Is spending 80-130k really gonna be worth it? I have yet to see a boat produce a better wake than my LSV or wave worth spending 40k after trade in on my boat. Yes some wakes may be a little bigger or longer, but not 40k more fun and most tricks are within 5-6' of swim deck.