PDA

View Full Version : Engine Issue? Any suggestions

WhiskeyRunner
08-27-2016, 10:33 AM
While taking a look at my engine yesterday, I noticed something odd on my engine. Full Disclaimer- I'm not an engine guy, so I don't even know the actual work for this part and what it does. However, would anyone be kind enough to take a look and tell me if this is of concern? When I applied pressure, a small amount of liquid (not colored) seem to release onto the manifold.

VA LSV
08-27-2016, 10:56 AM
Looks like a 90 deg hose to threaded fitting. Look for a crack.

gregski
08-27-2016, 11:34 AM
That is part of the cooling system, so what you are seeing is a bit of "raw water" which is the lake/river water that is pumped through for cooling. The big metal block is your exhaust riser, which is where the exhaust comes our of the cylinder and mixes with the raw water thus making it a "wet exhaust" system. You need to address leaks in the cooling system because they could indicate a pending failure. However, a little drippy leak is probably OK for little while. Just basic plumbing here. Where is the leak? From the threaded fitting, or is it coming through the hose clamp joint?

DOCDRS
08-27-2016, 03:45 PM
You may want to replace that plastic fitting with a brass one. My dealer did that on mine when i was having cooling issues