PDA

View Full Version : wakesurf wanna be newbie

Gqjeff
08-25-2016, 03:30 PM
looking at maybe trying it out since I haven't wakeboarded in a couple yrs. Saw this deal on EVO today with free shipping and wondered if this would be a solid setup to start on since it also includes the rope/handle combo. I'm 200 and wife's 115 so wondering if maybe the 5'3" board could work for us both or at least try it?

TIA, Jeff

http://www.evo.com/wakesurf-boards/liquid-force-fish-board-handle.aspx#image=99430/431555/liquid-force-fish-wakesurf-board-handle-2016-5-0-.jpg

trayson
08-25-2016, 05:46 PM
looking at maybe trying it out since I haven't wakeboarded in a couple yrs. Saw this deal on EVO today with free shipping and wondered if this would be a solid setup to start on since it also includes the rope/handle combo. I'm 200 and wife's 115 so wondering if maybe the 5'3" board could work for us both or at least try it?

TIA, Jeff

http://www.evo.com/wakesurf-boards/liquid-force-fish-board-handle.aspx#image=99430/431555/liquid-force-fish-wakesurf-board-handle-2016-5-0-.jpg

I had a fish. I think I got the 5'3 or 5'6 and it was WAY too big after I got used to it. It was a decent board to learn on. after you get some experience under your belt, it'll be a little boring, but it's fine as a boat board. Honestly, I'd get the 5'0. it'll still enough board for you and it'll be way way easier for the wife (still a bit big for her). But a 5'0 would probably be a size that most anyone could ride as a 'boat board'.

Coming from a wakeboarding background, you'll get up on a surf board no problem and the learning curve will be pretty quick.

So as long as you don't have expectations of it being your "forever board", I think the fish would be fine. But even at 200, I'd say 5'0; assuming you'll be giving yourself at least a halfway decent wave to ride.

Gqjeff
08-26-2016, 10:57 AM
Nice, thanks for the info. We will have to play with the Fat Sacs and I wanna get a suckgate just not sure if I wanna buy or try to make. Any forum members making them and selling them? Saw one for 215 shipped the other day on a site.