PDA

View Full Version : Autowake

BrettLee3232
08-25-2016, 11:37 AM
So I saw the video on Facebook.....no real information, no videos of the components just a couple surfing and boarding clips lol

https://www.facebook.com/MoombaBoats/videos/10154112464719232/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RickT
08-25-2016, 12:03 PM
It's called a tease by our Marketing Dept. :). I think you will like the end result!

snyderaaron
08-25-2016, 12:27 PM
I worry that even with Autowake, I would still need a lot more weight in my boat to get an awesome wave!

Alerberg
08-25-2016, 02:31 PM
Google autowake and you can find the technology and what is coming... I hope they will have a retro-fit option. I think it's a game changer since nobody else has anything like it to date. A push and play solution is what made iphone the iphone. It just worked!

Al

tater
08-25-2016, 09:04 PM
Google autowake and you can find the technology and what is coming... I hope they will have a retro-fit option. I think it's a game changer since nobody else has anything like it to date. A push and play solution is what made iphone the iphone. It just worked!

Al

I asked that question a couple of weeks ago on my Demo with the the Factory reps about putting the Autowake on a 2016 Supra and they said no it wont be available to upgrade on any later models ,2017's only, really didnt get into why of that decesion.Maybe that will change later who knows, RickT ?

trayson
08-25-2016, 11:13 PM

Al

Oh, I remember reading about that a couple years ago. I'd forgotten about it. Measuring draft and tilt, etc.

I'd love to see how it worked on real life.

Pipeliner07
08-25-2016, 11:28 PM
I hope 17's helix come with this !!! .. http://waketouch.com/media/AutoWake720HD.mp4

creq
08-25-2016, 11:48 PM
That would be disappointing if Autowake couldn't be retrofitted. I guess manufacturers have to always be coming up with a reason to upgrade a boat sooner than one would like. I had hoped it would be mainly software with a small hardware addition.

KG's Supra24
08-25-2016, 11:58 PM
Seems like the tech was purchased. I haven't checked the website in a while in regards to end consumer sales. I recall them having a pretty informative website.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

kaneboats
08-26-2016, 12:42 PM
Man, that thing would never shut off on my boat with kids moving around all the time.

russellsmojo
08-26-2016, 10:07 PM
Man, that thing would never shut off on my boat with kids moving around all the time.

That's a true statement about the crew!! It's going to need to adjust really quick to really change much. I wonder if it can adjust for choppy water or alcohol consumed😀

mmandley
08-27-2016, 10:17 AM
I hope 17's helix come with this !!! .. http://waketouch.com/media/AutoWake720HD.mp4

I recall this a while back as well, I am actually in this video LOL.

Pipeliner07
08-27-2016, 11:44 AM
So talked to my dealer and it's not standard on the Helix.. it was 840 for up grade

BrettLee3232
08-27-2016, 12:56 PM
So talked to my dealer and it's not standard on the Helix.. it was 840 for up grade

$840 seems cheap

jtatexc
08-27-2016, 02:48 PM
$840 seems cheap

Agree. I was assuming it was going to be in the 3k-5k range. 840 is pretty cheap. That cheap makes me even more unhappy it came out a year after I dropped 70k

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

BrettLee3232
08-27-2016, 03:11 PM
Agree. I was assuming it was going to be in the 3k-5k range. 840 is pretty cheap. That cheap makes me even more unhappy it came out a year after I dropped 70k

I'm sure someone will figure out how to retro the new screens on our old ass boats so we can party to.

jtatexc
08-27-2016, 03:12 PM
I'm sure someone will figure out how to retro the new screens on our old ass boats so we can party to.

Haha let's hope

BrettLee3232
08-27-2016, 03:13 PM
Haha let's hope

Seriously though I don't see why it couldn't work. I haven't seen the new screens in person but it looks about the same size. Should be plug and play lol

DFTR Josh
08-27-2016, 03:51 PM
Will it be called "Suck Wake?" Sorry bad joke off the surf thread :p

snyderaaron
08-27-2016, 04:04 PM
Seriously though I don't see why it couldn't work. I haven't seen the new screens in person but it looks about the same size. Should be plug and play lol

Don't they run off of a tablet?

BrettLee3232
08-27-2016, 04:05 PM
Don't they run off of a tablet?

Not sure....I haven't seen any tablets on any 17s

tater
08-27-2016, 06:20 PM
Not sure....I haven't seen any tablets on any 17s

Pavati and the 2017 Tige RZX now are using Tablets for there dash,no gauges.

BrettLee3232
08-27-2016, 06:20 PM
Pavati and the 2017 Tige RZX now are using Tablets for there dash,no gauges.

Yeah.....

DFTR Josh
08-28-2016, 01:38 AM
Pavati and the 2017 Tige RZX now are using Tablets for there dash,no gauges
Now I have to worry about my phone, Ipod, and tablet to keep my boat rocking. Sometimes technology can be a PITA. One thing I LOVE on the Craz is the traditional (Analog) gauges.

tater
08-28-2016, 11:35 AM
Now I have to worry about my phone, Ipod, and tablet to keep my boat rocking. Sometimes technology can be a PITA. One thing I LOVE on the Craz is the traditional (Analog) gauges.

Totally agree i hope that they keep the gauges and the switches, I love the screens but nice to know you have some back-up if necessary.

kaneboats
08-28-2016, 11:38 AM
Pretty soon we'll have a page in this forum where, if you go out by yourself, another forum member can drive for you through your tablet while you surf. Don't worry, the autowake will adjust the wake for not having a driver present.

Pipeliner07
09-02-2016, 12:05 AM
It's 840 up grade for my new helix

Pound
09-07-2016, 12:28 PM
I was wishing I had this tool this past weekend. My wife and 16y/o kept moving around the boat and I found myself more conscious of my efforts to adjust things to compensate. Which sucks for me because I'm the only driver that knows how to manage/compensate for this. When I'm boarding/surfing, i'm SOL. i get whatever ballast/speed/trim that i set up before i get in the water.
I did think about this though, most people (i assume) already fill their ballast to near capacity with exception maybe of their mid/bow ballast, so side to side adjustments (which are critical) might be limited to trim tab adjustments alone, huh? for wakeboarding i don't fill everything 100% so i've got more options to increase or decrease weight on any given side, but for surfing i certainly fill the rears 100% so transferring weight port/starboard is not feasible. that only leaves wake plat and autosurf trim tab adjustments (which aren't easy or yield predictable results). I'd actually like an enhancement to my existing system to make surf tab adjustments more user friendly. not sure how they work on supra, but on moomba, you can only make adjustments in one direction then it drops to 0% deployed. i was playing w/this while my 10 y/o was surfing and it went from 100% to 0% and the wave totally washed out and he lost momentum. he said, "what the heck dad!!!???" lol.

mattsask
09-07-2016, 03:59 PM
I was wishing I had this tool this past weekend. My wife and 16y/o kept moving around the boat and I found myself more conscious of my efforts to adjust things to compensate. Which sucks for me because I'm the only driver that knows how to manage/compensate for this. When I'm boarding/surfing, i'm SOL. i get whatever ballast/speed/trim that i set up before i get in the water.
I did think about this though, most people (i assume) already fill their ballast to near capacity with exception maybe of their mid/bow ballast, so side to side adjustments (which are critical) might be limited to trim tab adjustments alone, huh? for wakeboarding i don't fill everything 100% so i've got more options to increase or decrease weight on any given side, but for surfing i certainly fill the rears 100% so transferring weight port/starboard is not feasible. that only leaves wake plat and autosurf trim tab adjustments (which aren't easy or yield predictable results). I'd actually like an enhancement to my existing system to make surf tab adjustments more user friendly. not sure how they work on supra, but on moomba, you can only make adjustments in one direction then it drops to 0% deployed. i was playing w/this while my 10 y/o was surfing and it went from 100% to 0% and the wave totally washed out and he lost momentum. he said, "what the heck dad!!!???" lol.
I have been wondering the same thing, most of us run with our ballast 100% for surfing. I would assume the system sacrifices some draft in order to maintain the optimum hull attitude, but that is just my assumption. Maybe the boats will be offered with larger bags that allow for some headroom to make adjustments without sacrificing draft. Then again most of us swap in larger bags anyway. We are likely in the minority though, I would guess the majority of owners just make due with the stock system. I know I have a few family members that are very envious of the size of my wave, but are extremely apprehensive of going beyond stock ballast.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

07STI
09-07-2016, 04:18 PM
Good points guys. Another item to note is that I don't believe you're able to fill at surf speeds...At least I can't. I can drain, but can't fill. So once you're up to speed, how would it be able to fill the IBS if needed?

I also agree that it would be great if there was a way to adjust the surf tabs up/down rather than just down. That way you can see how the wave is affected by going from 50% up to 75% without having to go down to 0% and starting back at 100%. Then I get ticked off when I accidently hit the button 1-too many times and it goes to 70%. :mad:

BrettLee3232
09-07-2016, 04:20 PM
It's crazy to me that probably 95% of boat owners do not know they can go to a boating forum for help on their boat. SO many people probably think "this is it" & call it a day. If I didn't know better I would be the one telling people not to buy a Moomba cause the wave wasn't as good as the promo videos.

Crazy to me there's so many helpless boaters out there.

russellsmojo
09-07-2016, 08:16 PM
Good points guys. Another item to note is that I don't believe you're able to fill at surf speeds...At least I can't. I can drain, but can't fill. So once you're up to speed, how would it be able to fill the IBS if needed?

I also agree that it would be great if there was a way to adjust the surf tabs up/down rather than just down. That way you can see how the wave is affected by going from 50% up to 75% without having to go down to 0% and starting back at 100%. Then I get ticked off when I accidently hit the button 1-too many times and it goes to 70%. :mad:

I fill and drain at all speeds.

BrettLee3232
09-07-2016, 10:41 PM
I always fill in my way to the cove 🤘🏻