PDA

View Full Version : Leno actuator fail

Brians
08-23-2016, 09:14 PM
Well it looks like one of the Lenco actuators on my surf system has failed with only 33 hours on the 2015 Mondo. Just wondering it it's a common problem?

Has anyone replaced it before? Does anyone know if I can just replace the head of the unit without pulling all the wires through the hull?

Thanks. B

mattsask
08-23-2016, 09:51 PM
Mine have been a headache headache since new on my 16 craz with 90 hrs. Not sure if it's a software problem or the actual actuator though. There were a few others on here with similar problems. I think the one guy had one replaced. Is it not being fixed under warranty?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Brians
08-23-2016, 09:59 PM
Mine have been a headache headache since new on my 16 craz with 90 hrs. Not sure if it's a software problem or the actual actuator though. There were a few others on here with similar problems. I think the one guy had one replaced. Is it not being fixed under warranty?

Dealer is 4 hour drive away so it's really not worth the effort to try and get service. Also one month past a year so I would hate take it all they way then having to pay for it anyways. Going to try and send it direct to Lenco after my new one arrives.

mattsask
08-23-2016, 10:12 PM
Dealer is 4 hour drive away so it's really not worth the effort to try and get service. Also one month past a year so I would hate take it all they way then having to pay for it anyways. Going to try and send it direct to Lenco after my new one arrives.
I know the struggle. Mine work fine most of the time, but my dealer is 3 hrs away so I'm waiting another month to take it in. Does it not work at all? Do you have a way of testing the actuator itself? I know it was stated in another thread on here that not letting the dash fully boot up before starting or engaging the throttle could cause problems. Not sure how much truth there is to that, but it's worth considering.

Brians
08-23-2016, 10:26 PM
I know the struggle. Mine work fine most of the time, but my dealer is 3 hrs away so I'm waiting another month to take it in. Does it not work at all? Do you have a way of testing the actuator itself? I know it was stated in another thread on here that not letting the dash fully boot up before starting or engaging the throttle could cause problems. Not sure how much truth there is to that, but it's worth considering.

Makes noise but does not move. Good point about the boot up.

icemanftr
08-24-2016, 03:58 AM
Damn that sucks man. Makes me wanna wait a few years tell they work the bugs out if I stay with SC. Keep us updated on how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kaneboats
08-24-2016, 10:10 AM
-- not letting the dash fully boot up before starting or engaging the throttle could cause problems.

Used to be you would buy a Moomba to avoid this kind of thing.

moombahighrider
08-28-2016, 08:04 PM
Guys, just an FYI that those Lenco actuators can be tested with a battery. Just disconnect the 2 wire connector for the tab and get some thin wire that can be pushed into the connector and then apply positive to one side and negative to the other. It will actuate one way or the other (if it works). Then reverse polarity to test other direction. Just worth checking that the actuator is really your issue or not.

Brians
09-04-2016, 08:47 PM
Well I received my new one from the dealer(had trouble finding a Canadian supplier). 2 weeks and 400 Canadian. I changed just the bottom end and did not rerun all the wires through the boat. Took 5 min. I filled out the Lenco warrenty and they immediately sent we a service code (good service). I will let you know how the warrenty goes when I get it back. Too bad it looks like we are having an early fall in northern Alberta.

Brians
09-16-2016, 03:42 PM
I received the replacement actuator via UPS today from Lenco. 12 day to get the replacement back. Very happy with the service they provided.