PDA

View Full Version : Surf a broadcast better than a liquid force primo

wetfly112
08-21-2016, 09:18 PM
I wanted to post a question. How is it possible to have much better luck surfing a hyperlite broadcast (which is described as crazy slow) than it is a liquid force primo 4'9"? I have no issues whatsoever on the broadcast. Can surf rope less and stay in the pocket all day long. The minute I switch over to a primo that I bought, it's a total train wreck. Rarely can I go rope less. Usually nose dive it when I try add more from weight or pump to keep up.
I weigh 195 lbs. Surf behind a 15' mojo with autoflow, sumo max 1000s in lockers, stock hard tank and ibs. Flow set anywhere from 55 to 70%, depending on the day and crew..
Any help would be appreciated? Is it simply a case of I bought a board that is too small? Or something more? Thanks

jtatexc
08-21-2016, 09:38 PM
I have ridden numerous liquid force boards and have disliked every one of them. Just last weekend I got to demo a liquid force machine that the guy at the dealership swore by and it was ridiculously slow. I feel that I am pretty proficient as I've even ridden 6 homemade boards that me and all my buddies made, and would rather ride ours than the liquid force boards I've tried. I was back on my phase5 after 2 quick pulls with the liquid force machine. Everyone on the boat agreed the lf was sub par

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

wetfly112
08-21-2016, 09:41 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I'm not the best surfer in the world, but I'm decent. One of my other boards is a humanoid. No issues with it either. I bought the primo as more a true surf style. Feel Ike I wasted $.. Now nervous to even try something else

jtatexc
08-22-2016, 08:24 AM
I am yet another supporter of you get what you pay for. It sucks, but most boards worth a damn are over 600 bucks. Not to say the more you spend the better the board, but I persoanlly think you gotta get near that range to score a board that you won't outgrow in a season or 2. Some advocate the custom shapes, other big brands, but there is a definite line in the sand with some boards and others and I think for good reason.

mattsask
08-22-2016, 10:32 AM
I know the struggle. Is there any sort of event where a guy could go and demo a bunch of boards? I'm still riding my old hyperlite coex, because every new board I buy is a total dissappointment.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

kaneboats
08-22-2016, 11:56 AM
Might want to check out this one:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?28046-Southern-Surfest-2017&highlight=southern+surfest

wetfly112
08-22-2016, 12:01 PM
What phase boards r u liking?

mattsask
08-22-2016, 03:56 PM
X2 on the phase 5 question, which board do you like? I've got the p5 oogle and rode it twice before demoting it to the guest board.

snyderaaron
08-22-2016, 04:48 PM
X2 on the phase 5 question, which board do you like? I've got the p5 oogle and rode it twice before demoting it to the guest board.

That's my worry when thinking about upgrading. If I don't like it I'm out 600$ and I don't have any place near me to demo boards

wetfly112
08-22-2016, 06:26 PM
Totally agree. U lose serious $ on boards when they don't work out

jtatexc
08-22-2016, 08:30 PM
I am on the phase5 danielo diamond and absolutely love it. Everyone who has ridden it on my boat (20+ random people) all agree it is great and several forum members on here are riding it too. I also have a 2016 hyperlite hifi that I will play with but I feel like the dd is faster and more responsive. I ride a bit more skim than surf though. I am trying to get my hands on a doomswell neo to demo for a surf board. I tried the nubstep but wasn't blown away although as I think back that thing was definitely a rocket!

wetfly112
08-22-2016, 08:32 PM
I thought about trying a phase hammerhead, but at $650, still undecided

mattsask
08-22-2016, 09:51 PM
I am on the phase5 danielo diamond and absolutely love it. Everyone who has ridden it on my boat (20+ random people) all agree it is great and several forum members on here are riding it too. I also have a 2016 hyperlite hifi that I will play with but I feel like the dd is faster and more responsive. I ride a bit more skim than surf though. I am trying to get my hands on a doomswell neo to demo for a surf board. I tried the nubstep but wasn't blown away although as I think back that thing was definitely a rocket!

Is there a difference between the diamond and Daniel diamond? The diamond gets almost perfect scores on southersurfest.com

jtatexc
08-22-2016, 09:53 PM
This is what I'm rockin'http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160823/a6a6fc17deb87c862fa1a0dbe12da130.jpg

I have it in a 51" and am 5'11 155lbs.
I would be curious how the 53" would ride but still live this.

mattsask
08-22-2016, 10:30 PM
Ooooh baby. That thing looks slick

jtatexc
08-22-2016, 10:37 PM
Ooooh baby. That thing looks slick

Haha. It's a lot of fun. At first it is like a sheet of ice but after you figure it out it is fast as all hell and the edges are really sharp and carve great. I've been wanting to try a hammerhead too to compare but have also have really been looking at the phase5 wire surf but not sure how to demo one

kaneboats
08-23-2016, 10:15 AM
I have the Danielo Diamond in 58". I am about 225 and it could handle more. Very fast and the most fun board I have ever ridden. Looks just like the pics above.

mattsask
09-03-2016, 12:10 PM
Haha. It's a lot of fun. At first it is like a sheet of ice but after you figure it out it is fast as all hell and the edges are really sharp and carve great. I've been wanting to try a hammerhead too to compare but have also have really been looking at the phase5 wire surf but not sure how to demo one

One of our local shops held a board demo yesterday afternoon so I got to try out a couple different boards. The diamond 54 was on the top of my list. Holy crap you guys weren't joking about it being a sheet of ice at first. It took me a few minutes to get the hand of riding it, but damn was it ever a fun and fast board after I got the hang of it. I couldn't believe how easy it released for shove-it's.

I also rode the Aku Surf. It was my first time riding a surf style board, and holy crap was it ever a totally different animal. It was crazy fast and a totally new style of riding for me. The tracking capabilities of that board made slashing and bottom turns unbelievably fun. I boosted off the wave a few times and wow, was that ever fun.

Going to the demo I thought I would be able to decide which style of riding I like better, and pick one board. Now it's clear to me that I either need to buy both a hardcore skim and a surf board, or find a hybrid that blows my mind like both of those boards did. You tried any hybrids?

jtatexc
09-03-2016, 03:55 PM
One of our local shops held a board demo yesterday afternoon so I got to try out a couple different boards. The diamond 54 was on the top of my list. Holy crap you guys weren't joking about it being a sheet of ice at first. It took me a few minutes to get the hand of riding it, but damn was it ever a fun and fast board after I got the hang of it. I couldn't believe how easy it released for shove-it's.

I also rode the Aku Surf. It was my first time riding a surf style board, and holy crap was it ever a totally different animal. It was crazy fast and a totally new style of riding for me. The tracking capabilities of that board made slashing and bottom turns unbelievably fun. I boosted off the wave a few times and wow, was that ever fun.

Going to the demo I thought I would be able to decide which style of riding I like better, and pick one board. Now it's clear to me that I either need to buy both a hardcore skim and a surf board, or find a hybrid that blows my mind like both of those boards did. You tried any hybrids?

I was actually really wanting to try both the wire and the aku! The doomswell nubstep hybrid I rode was faster than hell but just felt too thick for me so I was really wanting to try a good phase5 since I am finding myself to be pretty loyal with that brand right now.

mattsask
09-03-2016, 05:12 PM
I was actually really wanting to try both the wire and the aku! The doomswell nubstep hybrid I rode was faster than hell but just felt too thick for me so I was really wanting to try a good phase5 since I am finding myself to be pretty loyal with that brand right now.

The Aku was thicker than I'm used to and super buoyant. Have you tried the hammerhead?

jtatexc
09-03-2016, 05:15 PM
The Aku was thicker than I'm used to and super buoyant. Have you tried the hammerhead?

I haven't but have been curious. Im just at the point of learning a shuv and heard that is a great board to learn on because of the reverse riding

mattsask
09-03-2016, 05:57 PM
Sounds like I should have tried the hammerhead and the wire also. I'm guessing I'd be happy with any of them

jtatexc
09-04-2016, 12:06 AM
If you had the chance for sure. A local shop here usually does 30 percent off all boards starting mid September so I'm gonna start looking to demo something around then

wolfeman131
09-04-2016, 09:30 AM
Going with a hybrid will reduce that "wow" factor you had with both style of boards. And, while I'm a fan of the Phase 5 skim style boards, the Aku & their other surf style boards still leave a bit to be desired. The designs are getting better, but get on a custom, hand shaped foam core board and you'll see the difference.

mattsask
09-04-2016, 07:27 PM
The wow factor is what I like so much about both boards. It was like a whole new dimension of the sport that I had never experienced before.

wolfeman131
09-04-2016, 08:50 PM
The wow factor is what I like so much about both boards. It was like a whole new dimension of the sport that I had never experienced before.

Sounds like you need to ask Santa for 2 boards this Christmas. Hope you have been a good boy.

mattsask
09-04-2016, 09:43 PM
Haha sounds like Santa needs a second job

icemanftr
09-06-2016, 11:31 AM
Haha sounds like Santa needs a second job

I can second that. 🍻

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk