PDA

View Full Version : Boat Registration Frustration

snyderaaron
08-19-2016, 05:09 PM
So bought my Mojo on July 13 and been trying to register it since then. My dealership sent the MSOs to the bank and they won't release them to my DMV so I can register my boat. My dealership tried to get duplicates from Skiers choice, but they won't release them either. This has been a PITA and I may be screwed in my current situation. Any help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kaneboats
08-22-2016, 12:02 PM
I think I'd go drop the boat off in front of their showroom.

trayson
08-22-2016, 12:28 PM
doesn't the boat dealer have a title clerk that does the registration for you as an agent like when you buy a car? I know that when I've bought things like cars and boats, if I was financing it; the documents would never end up with me, but the seller dealership would take care of registration on my behalf.

snyderaaron
08-22-2016, 01:52 PM
I think I'd go drop the boat off in front of their showroom.

I would if it wasnt 1,000 miles away.

zabooda
08-22-2016, 02:12 PM
Drop an email to your state attorney general. Surprisingly, I've had good results and people get things done.

MJHSupra
08-22-2016, 07:41 PM
So bought my Mojo on July 13 and been trying to register it since then. My dealership sent the MSOs to the bank and they won't release them to my DMV so I can register my boat. My dealership tried to get duplicates from Skiers choice, but they won't release them either. This has been a PITA and I may be screwed in my current situation. Any help?

Is the DMV pointing at the BANK and the BANK is pointing back at the DMV?
Clearly this is not the first time this happened with either party. But I you bought this in July, that is a long time to be slogging thru this.

Bill of sale from the dealer is a legal doc. Last boat registration is a legal doc. All states are different. Otherwise, there are no other docs you can provide outside of the MSO or Title.

How about something like a bonded certificate of title? Last I do not know much about those.

snyderaaron
08-22-2016, 10:07 PM
Is the DMV pointing at the BANK and the BANK is pointing back at the DMV?
Clearly this is not the first time this happened with either party. But I you bought this in July, that is a long time to be slogging thru this.

Bill of sale from the dealer is a legal doc. Last boat registration is a legal doc. All states are different. Otherwise, there are no other docs you can provide outside of the MSO or Title.

How about something like a bonded certificate of title? Last I do not know much about those.

Basically the dmv won't do it without the originals and the bank won't release them. Every time I call the bank I always get someone else who has no idea what to do. Frustrating

BrettLee3232
08-22-2016, 10:27 PM
I'm dealing with the same thing trying to register my trailer in Cali. Bank won't release original title to the dmv. They sent a copy & dmv won't accept it. Such a nightmare! My boat was registered in Arizona by the dealer.

zabooda
08-22-2016, 11:17 PM
The bank releases to the dmv with the lein holder being the bank and the dmv gives you the registration and the bank retained the title. I've gone to a private licensing company once where dmv was messed up and I got the issue fixed right away. It cost a few bucks more but more competent.

snyderaaron
08-23-2016, 01:40 PM
I'm dealing with the same thing trying to register my trailer in Cali. Bank won't release original title to the dmv. They sent a copy & dmv won't accept it. Such a nightmare! My boat was registered in Arizona by the dealer.

Same problem here. No copies allowed. I don't even care it I have the Title I just want to get it registered.