PDA

View Full Version : Front Ballast Shifting

fullmetalheart
08-19-2016, 04:46 PM
We were out this weekend doing some wake surfing on our 16 Mojo, all of a sudden heard the noise of something falling up front. Go and look, the front ballast bag hand pushed the cup holders out and damaged the seal (Yeah I know it's just 3M foam tape stuff). No we did not have the ballast bag overloaded, but the bag had shifted back against the front seat and pushed the cup holder out. No idea how the holders sat in there so long because the bag was flush against the bottom of the cut out for the cup holder.

After we drained and were putting the boat back on the lift I took the seats out up front and moved the whole bag forward, so it seems like the bag just shifted to the rear somehow? Strange

Anyone else had this issue? Going forward should I clean up the glue/seal that was ripped off and fix it myself or take it back to the dealer and be like WTF?

jmvotto
08-19-2016, 05:23 PM
Diy.............

dusty2221
08-19-2016, 05:38 PM
You should just get used to them popping out....or don't fill the IBS

csm
08-19-2016, 05:54 PM
I use the cup holders as an indicator that my front ballast is working.

jstenger
08-19-2016, 10:06 PM
I took my cup holders out. Problem solved.

wolfeman131
08-19-2016, 11:23 PM
Someone once posted how they used a yoga block in front of our cut around the cup holders so the bad didn't push them out

North Woods Mobius
08-20-2016, 12:26 AM
I use the cup holders as an indicator that my front ballast is working.

+1 .... Once they pop up (they have to in order for the IBS to fill completely), I just grab them and pop them in the glovebox, where they stay until I empty all the bags and convert to cocktail cruise mode :cool:

BrettLee3232
08-20-2016, 01:16 AM
When I do gatorstep I'm going to take mine out and put gator where they were. It does bug me when they pop out. We don't even need cup holders there anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moombadaze
08-20-2016, 07:31 AM
not strange at all that the ibs shifts backwards, when your surfing the bow is up, it slides back, cup holders pop up, mine did, think most do, just part of having a ibs system

mmandley
08-20-2016, 01:50 PM
I have a center blew seat, so I removed the cup holders under it in the walkway.

I saved them so when I sell the boat I'll reinstall them.

I already have 4 cup holders in the bow so these weren't too important to me.

moombahighrider
08-20-2016, 03:25 PM
I used pvc pipe (4" or so) and cut to correct length. Then the cup holders just sit back in the holes the the pvc keeps the ibs in correct place.

mmandley
08-20-2016, 04:56 PM
I used pvc pipe (4" or so) and cut to correct length. Then the cup holders just sit back in the holes the the pvc keeps the ibs in correct place.

That's a pretty slick idea

csm
09-10-2016, 09:38 AM

Thanks for posting this. It is a great idea. I went ahead and did the same thing. My cup holders have LED wiring underneath, so I cut slits in the sides of the pvc to slide the wires down. Works great. Awesome idea!

North Woods Mobius
09-10-2016, 10:35 AM
I love this idea because we always have the pull the cup holders out when our IBS fills up .... While the cup holders popping out is a perfect indication that the IBS full, I'd rather leave them in place! Can you guys post a picture of this as I'm having a hard time envisioning how you installed the PVC (I'm a finance nerd and not great on the engineering side :p)