PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Mojo in a 24' Slip?

creq
08-18-2016, 12:42 AM
Hello fellas and gals...

New to the forum, soon new boat owner, and soon maybe new to a 2016 mojo. I have grown past my local boat club. Finding a home for a new boat is now where I am... Question I have is will it fit in a 24 foot slip? Also, I assume a lift would be highly advised? Is there many negatives not using a lift for a season or should that be a right away consideration?

Thanks!

Chris

mmandley
08-18-2016, 11:51 AM
Fitting in a 24 slip depends on what you mean by fit.

The boat will be inside the slip but the rear end will be right on the edge as you have to give the nose a few inches clearance. You swim deck will not be in the slip as I think the boat with swim deck is closer to 26.5 in length.

I have the 13 Mojo and its in a 19 ft covered dock at the moment and the last couple feet of the sun deck hang out the back of the dock. I have always kept a towel on my sun deck due to our black lab being in the boat and the sun deck is slippery when wet. I also keep my cover on my boat most of the time so its no worry to me right now.

A lift is highly advised if you want to keep the Hull warranty on your new boat. I am pretty positive there is a line in the warranty that stated is the boat is stored full time in the water the hull warranty will be voided. I don't know how long they mean by in the water full time. If that's full season, or year around.

With it in the water I would highly suggest at least once a week you get in the water with a towel and wipe the water line really well to keep from having the slime on the boat. I don't get a lot of slime in Lake Lanier < surprisingly> but it does get build up, and at 3 weeks in the water I can feel its slimy on the bottom of the boat and will need a pressure wash when the lift goes in next week <fingers crossed>

I bought and paid for a Lift for mine already but it got back ordered due to our dock being 14ft wide and I had to custom order the brackets. Then they had to goto galvanizing but hopefully next week we will be in the lift.

patrick232
08-18-2016, 12:41 PM
With a lift it will be close based off how far forward they allow. Some marina don't allow the boat to hang into the walkway other don't care. I would not leave a new boat in the water for more than a few weeks at a time due to blistering of the hull and slime. Mine sat in Norris Lake June 11th thru July 2nd and was slimy below the water line and the kids didn't care to clean it, but they did.

mmandley
08-18-2016, 01:08 PM
With a lift it will be close based off how far forward they allow. Some marina don't allow the boat to hang into the walkway other don't care. I would not leave a new boat in the water for more than a few weeks at a time due to blistering of the hull and slime. Mine sat in Norris Lake June 11th thru July 2nd and was slimy below the water line and the kids didn't care to clean it, but they did.

Thats how mine is on the bottom, really hope the lift goes in next week so i can clean the bottom up lol

wolfeman131
08-18-2016, 01:39 PM
due to blistering of the hull and slime.

I doubt the blistering would be an issue with the newer mfg processes & materials.