PDA

View Full Version : Boat Cover - Stock vs. Evolution

bullit4888
08-17-2016, 08:57 PM
Hi everyone. New to the forum and have a Supra SA on order. I'm looking for your opinions on the stock cover from Supra/Moomba compared to an Evolution. The stock cover is made from Surlast, while the Evolution is made from Sunbrella. The boat will spend the summers outdoors so I'm leaning towards the increased UV protection of the Sunbrella. I want this cover to last over 5 years.

zabooda
08-17-2016, 09:49 PM
I use neither. Going on 14 years. Many people love the evolution.

DFTR Josh
08-18-2016, 09:35 AM
Stock will work perfect for the first year but will break down early. I've had a stock cover last 4 years before it was time to replace and it was a full time outside boat. My pops has his cover made out of Sunbrella and it's amazing just don't have experience with one myself.

mmandley
08-18-2016, 11:35 AM
I can't speak to the longevity of the Supra cover.

I have had 2 evolution covers on 2 boats though.

Currently on my 13 Mojo I have an Evolution cover, 4th summer now and it stays outside most of the summer, currently we keep it in covered slip on the water.

No issues with the cover, no real visible wear and tear around the edges or the sinch line around the rub rail.

My only complaint and I assume this happens with most covers is with heavy rain water does pool on the cover and you have to clear it off.