PDA

View Full Version : Water in center floor locker

mschude
07-21-2006, 09:47 AM
I noticed that after everytime I take my boat out my center floor locker has a good amount of standing water. It is not enough for my bilage to pump out but I have a sac in there and I dont want it to ruin the boat or sac.

Should I dry vac this water out everytime? Will it hurt the boat if I leave the water there?
Any help would be great!

Mike.

EUSTACE
07-21-2006, 09:59 AM
There should be a drain hole in the locker, sometimes the sac will block it and trap some water in the lockers. Once you empty the sac you can move it around a bit and let the water drain into the hull.

Leaving the water in there really won’t hurt anything but you will end up with some mildew on the sac and in the locker.

Good luck, E

PS – you also may want to check the sac for leaks ie; pin-holes, connections, fittings, plugs, etc.

mschude
07-21-2006, 10:43 AM
Thanks,

I noticed the drain hole but the hole is 1/2 inch above the flat surface. It is that water sitting there that cant get through. When I'm done I usally just leave the locker open.

Does anyone know what that black spunge pad is in the locker? Is that supose to soak up the water? Its not that absorbant.

JoeTechie
07-21-2006, 06:27 PM
The black polly pad is a cushion for skis and acts as a drain below the bag if you have one. It allows water to pass through it that may come from the bow and normally be blocked off if the bag is full and blocks the path.

I too have found the 1" of standing water to be pretty sucky. I put my boat up on a jack stand and cranked and it got WAY too high before the water started to drain, so I sponge it out - the gas tank its right under it so do NOT drill a hole in the bottom, but the placement of the hole fitting in the back is pretty bad.

-Joe

mschude
07-21-2006, 11:26 PM
hey Joetechi,

Do you clean it out everytime you go out? It is just a paint to pull out the bag and the sponge then put back in. Thanks.

JoeTechie
07-22-2006, 11:42 AM
I do, but I do not have bags, so all I do is remove the pad, and then sponge the water into a bucket or two, leave the floor open and let the pad dry in the florida sun for the time it takes me to wash the boat, and it is good to go. A PITA, yes, and I'd love a better solution, but just another thing to do to keep up with these wonderful boats.

-Joe