PDA

View Full Version : 2014 LSV Surf Setup Help

blewis1041
08-15-2016, 07:34 PM
Hi-

1st time boat owner, with a 2014 LSV. Trying to get into surfing (have standard ballasts), and have no real idea how to set the ballasts. Feel free to be super explanatory, as I'm not sure what I'm doing entirely. For example, I can't even figure out how much water I have in the ballasts, only by eyeballing the lines in the fill readout (there's no percentage, etc).

Any help is appreciated.

Bill

2014 LSV

icemanftr
08-15-2016, 08:45 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160816/610753f6228e746d1152db9b6afa4109.jpg

Should be able to see where ballast are percentage wise on screen.

Don't have time to write novel, but for starters fill port side bag for regular surfing or starboard for goofy and front bag full always.
Your boat equipped with manual flow surf system?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blewis1041
08-16-2016, 08:21 AM
[QUOTE=icemanftr;294864]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160816/610753f6228e746d1152db9b6afa4109.jpg

Should be able to see where ballast are percentage wise on screen.

Don't have time to write novel, but for starters fill port side bag for regular surfing or starboard for goofy and front bag full always.
Your boat equipped with manual flow surf system?

Thanks, Iceman. Your display looks nothing like mine. The 2014, I believe, is the last year before the surf system came out. Goofy is right foot forward, I assume? Seriously, I'm dense.

My display only shows vertical lines as the bags fill or empty. There are no % markings from what I recall seeing. But if I understand correctly, fill the front bag full, the left bag full, and leave the starboard side empty, if I'm surfing left foot forward. Correct?

North Woods Mobius
08-16-2016, 09:15 AM
Bill,

I have a 2014 LSV with the manual Flow plate. I added a 500lbs IBS piggy-backed off my center tank, and upgraded my stock 650's to 900's. I fill my surf side 100%, non-surf side 0%, fill center and IBS 100% and set my manual flow plate at either #2 or #3. We surf at ~10.5mph and the wave is fantastic (although a bit shorter than I would like ... I need to lengthen it).

As far as ballast filling, you have an option on the LCD screen to see the % fill for each bag. This is based on the timer that is set in the user settings (the bags do not have any kind of sensor). The timers should be set to fill at ~100 gallons/minute, so I set my 900's at a 9 minute fill and I can manually adjust if it's faster or slower. It's pretty straightforward stuff, just scroll through the menu on the LCD screen to see the different settings and ballast fill status.

Good luck, and the guys on this forum will provide a HUGE amount of help as you begin to work out what works best for your specific set of circumstances and set up! DOn't be shy about searching the forum for answers to set up questions as well

Kudlawhat
08-17-2016, 09:36 PM
Hi-

1st time boat owner, with a 2014 LSV. Trying to get into surfing (have standard ballasts), and have no real idea how to set the ballasts. Feel free to be super explanatory, as I'm not sure what I'm doing entirely. For example, I can't even figure out how much water I have in the ballasts, only by eyeballing the lines in the fill readout (there's no percentage, etc).

Any help is appreciated.

Bill

2014 LSV

I have a 2013 lsv and surfing was absolutely a pain to get down until I built the "suck gate". Now that the suck gate is in play I get a wonderful wave on each side. I fill the center tank 100% and the surf side to 100% and the opposing side to around 70% and its more than enough weight to get a good wave. Suck gate or "flow" is a huge help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk