PDA

View Full Version : Irritrol Valves Question

JHutch
08-14-2016, 08:43 PM
Sorry for the new thread but I tried searching and couldn't find exactly what I was looking for so here goes:

1- does it matter which way these are wired? I don't see a +/- anywhere?

2- how do these work? I tried hooking to 12V and all they do is click, I don't see the valve open?

3- Which way should the on/off be turned?

The problem I have is my ballast fills automatically while driving or if I turn a switch on they all fill, will replacing these make a difference? I already have 3 new 700b's to replace the stock Orbits. I want to be able to leave the ball valve on and drive with out adding water!

If I could get the nerve to drill holes and figure out the wiring I would move to the wakemakers kit over the winter.

Thanks!

MLA
08-14-2016, 09:44 PM
Seriously, ditch the sprinkler valves! They are so restrictive and problematic. Dont sweat drilling holes, just design the right custom system.

JHutch
08-14-2016, 09:48 PM
I am looking for a quick fix now though and already have these valves. I plan to seriously look at this upgrade over the winter.

jmvotto
08-14-2016, 10:18 PM
Close the little black lever on top of each valve

JHutch
08-15-2016, 04:07 PM
So these should be turned off on the valve itself?

jmvotto
08-15-2016, 08:08 PM
Yes. Yours seem to be in the open position , which auto fills at the same time. Close the little black lever on top of each valve and the switches will control which one opens

Jordy Dag
08-15-2016, 10:15 PM
I see youre already on your way but Ill comment anyways. I also use irritol valves. Problematic? Not really, atleast I have had good luck with mine. Slower? Sure, but I can drink a brew while I wait anyways. I consider myself a baller on a budget and here in Canada an irritol is 25 dollars, a T800 is 65, so for me a no brainer. A little about the irritol. You want the selector switch in OFF. This allows the irritol to operate via switch control. As mentioned above, if it is in the ON position this will bypass the irritol and will be always open. Wiring. No difference for power or gtound, 12 or 24v. Just hook up to a known ballast switch power, and run a dedicated ground, and youre away.

VA LSV
08-27-2016, 07:25 AM
If all are filling, check the black levers on the Orbits. If just 1 is filling it could be trash or a bad valve. I replaced my Orbits with Irritrol years ago and they have been trouble free. Polarity doesn't matter for the wiring. The coils are rated 24 volt AC but work fine on 24 volt DC.