PDA

View Full Version : Xm30.2 install with 4 tower speakers question

ninedriver
08-13-2016, 05:54 PM
Hello

I'm installing an exile xm30.2 for my tower speakers. I have 4 tower speakers and was wondering how to hook them to the 2 outputs on the amp. I know I can run two speaker wires off the amp, up the tower, to power all four speakers. So, if I have one speaker wire from the amp powering two speakers, do I run the speakers in series or parallel? And to be sure I understand that correctly:

Series - positive wire from one positive channel on the amp to the positive of one speaker, a jumper from the negative of that same speaker to the positive of the speaker next to it, the the negative portion of the speaker wire from the negative of the second speaker back to the negative terminal on the same channel that the positive used.

Parallel - positive wire from one positive channel on the amp to the positive of one speaker, a jumper from that same positive to the Positive of the speaker next to it, then a jumper from the negative terminal of the same speaker to the speaker next to it, and the negative portion of the speaker wire from the negative terminal of the speaker wire back to the negative terminal on the same channel that the positive used.

Then repeat for the remaining two speakers

Thanks

rbeckner27
08-13-2016, 06:55 PM
Parallel.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160813/f43bbbe62b18370ec2c76acb8ea08f74.png

ninedriver
08-13-2016, 07:11 PM
Thanks bud. I saw that pic and that's where I started getting confused. I'm replacing a kicker zx200.4 amp and I'm pretty sure each set of two tower speakers are in series...maybe that's how amp was bridged?