PDA

View Full Version : Oil dipstick tube

robo3305
08-09-2016, 04:42 PM
New to the forum............My son has a 2004 Moomba outback lsv with an Indmar 325 wpi engine. The oil dipstick and tube need to be replaced. I'm trying to help him, but not being an engine person, searching on the internet for these items is a bit confusing. Does the 325 refer to horsepower? And is this engine a 5.7L?
Any recommendations on where to find these items?

mmandley
08-09-2016, 05:37 PM
Yes on 325hp yes on 5.7 liter

I'd look at my boat even though it's a different engine power it's still a 5.7l but I won't have the cover off until Thursday or Friday.

If you like I can look at mine get you pictures and see if I can see how it comes apart.

I personally don't use it to change my oil, I go straight through the dip sick tube

robo3305
08-10-2016, 09:47 AM
Yes on 325hp yes on 5.7 liter

I'd look at my boat even though it's a different engine power it's still a 5.7l but I won't have the cover off until Thursday or Friday.

If you like I can look at mine get you pictures and see if I can see how it comes apart.

I personally don't use it to change my oil, I go straight through the dip sick tube

Thanks for your response. Not sure about your last 2 statements though. I am talking about the basic oil dipstick and the tube it sits in. We change the oil with a hose at the bottom of the pan. I found a new oil dipstick tube for a 5.7L, 350 hp. Was wondering if that would work and if there's a trick to installing it?

MJHSupra
08-10-2016, 11:21 AM
Might try to call a indmar or a dealer to get a part number. Once you have that, it should be easy to get a new part.
Might be the same part# on the small blocks for the different years.

indmar.com
bakesonline.com
skidim.com
inboardonline.com