PDA

View Full Version : Growling/Vibration

tjbere
08-07-2016, 10:41 PM
2014 Möbius LSV with 330 assault. Running Acme 1433 prop. Just recently my family and I have begun to wake surf. When the stock rear and center bags are full and getting going at 10 mph I can feel a vibration and hear a growling noise coming from trans/motor area. The noise only comes when boat is heavily loaded. All wakeboarding actions nothing can be heard. I have used boat for a few days and noise has not gotten worse or better. I am going to switch to my stock 537 prop and see if noise is there still tomorrow. Any ideas before I take in to shop?
Thanks

icemanftr
08-07-2016, 10:47 PM
2014 Möbius LSV with 330 assault. Running Acme 1433 prop. Just recently my family and I have begun to wake surf. When the stock rear and center bags are full and getting going at 10 mph I can feel a vibration and hear a growling noise coming from trans/motor area. The noise only comes when boat is heavily loaded. All wakeboarding actions nothing can be heard. I have used boat for a few days and noise has not gotten worse or better. I am going to switch to my stock 537 prop and see if noise is there still tomorrow. Any ideas before I take in to shop?
Thanks

Mines been doing it for last couple years since I added more weight and I run acme 1617 prop. It's not cavitating, or slipping that I have noticed - but it is annoying. Like you said it only does it fully sacked out or heavily weighted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rdlangston13
08-08-2016, 09:07 AM
Mine has been doing this ever since I bought it in 2010. The stock OJ prop was supposedly known for this and swapping to an ACME was the fix, well I swapped to an ACME 1847 like 4 years ago and it still growls/vibrates.

kaneboats
08-08-2016, 02:25 PM
Definitely check your drive shaft coupler bolts. Should do this at every oil change.

icemanftr
08-08-2016, 10:40 PM
Definitely check your drive shaft coupler bolts. Should do this at every oil change.

I did. Everything is solid all the way back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tjbere
08-09-2016, 08:10 PM
I checked mine over too. Everything tight. Im gonna do a propsaft alignment as when I checked that I could get .007 in at port side at like 2 o'clock and 6 o'clock.
I don't really know if that small amount out of adjustment would make a difference.

tjbere
08-14-2016, 12:32 AM
After prop shaft alignment and putting my new 1617 on. all is well. I may have a prop problem sending out to Nettles on Monday. One thing to note I never properly lapped my 1433 when installed. That may have been my issue all along. I will find out next week if prop was out of balanced.

rdlangston13
08-14-2016, 08:24 AM
After prop shaft alignment and putting my new 1617 on. all is well. I may have a prop problem sending out to Nettles on Monday. One thing to note I never properly lapped my 1433 when installed. That may have been my issue all along. I will find out next week if prop was out of balanced.
What do you mean by "Lapped" your 1433?