PDA

View Full Version : Exile buoy ball fenders

liquid_acid
08-07-2016, 10:11 PM
The website says that they are out of stock right now. Doesn't anyone have any they want to sell or know when they might be getting more in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoelFett
08-07-2016, 10:23 PM
Buy a hippity hop ball from amazon. Same thing, but half price or less... I have 2 soccer balls ⚽

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

liquid_acid
08-07-2016, 11:14 PM
Buy a hippity hop ball from amazon. Same thing, but half price or less... I have 2 soccer balls ⚽

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Perfect. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dusty2221
08-08-2016, 12:15 AM
Ooorrr.....shoot Exile an email and see when they will be back in Stock. The exile balls are a bit thicker than hippity hops and they don't look like a child's toy.

Oh,and exile supports the forum.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

trayson
08-08-2016, 12:33 AM
Ooorrr.....shoot Exile an email and see when they will be back in Stock. The exile balls are a bit thicker than hippity hops and they don't look like a child's toy.

Oh,and exile supports the forum.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Yeah, the Exile balls are the best. I text Brian this thread, so hopefully he'll chime in soon.

Brianinpdx
08-08-2016, 12:52 AM
Hippy Hops are similar but different rubber and not as thick as Dusty pointed out. The Exile balls dating back to 2014 use a 3M Dynamar additive in the molding process #9613 that is provides better heat curing and strength when using higher durometer rubber (read thickness) walls. Prevents from cracking etc. over the long term. Exile balls made in late 2015/early '16 use the 3M Dynamar #9614 which improves the molding process.

This is a bunch of tech speak for -- Exiles balls cost a bit more. Should stand the test of time. And won't scratch your gel coat. Ever. Period.

Carry on.

-Brian

trayson
08-08-2016, 01:00 AM
Brian said they're in stock and they got their site updated, so you should be able to order them up! I just got a couple of the buoy balls with the new logo. I wouldn't use anything else on my boat. In fact, I had a couple of traditional fenders and I gave them away...

EDIT: Brian wanted to show the Moomba forum members some love. PM me and I'll give you a promo code to get $5 off buoy balls through the weekend. (that's 25% off).