PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Moomba Mobius Wakeboard and Surf Settings

Moby44
08-07-2016, 01:37 PM
Just purchased a 2007 Mobius LSV, and curious what the best settings are for wakeboard and surf.

I have the stock ballasts, so 400lbs on each side of the rear. Willing to get some extras if needed, but please let me know your thoughts on settings. Thanks in advance!

jelmhorst
08-07-2016, 08:43 PM
Just got into the surfing over the last few weeks and you'll need a lot more ballast. I've got 500 in the bow, ski locker full, and 1k bags in each rear plus the suckgate everyone is making. I run the surf side full and opposing about 70% with suckgate on opposite; and we run about 12, no perfect pass. Stock prop. Others may have more optimal setups, this was the best we've had so far.

Wakeboarding with stock ballast was fine with a shorter rope - brought in 2 loops to have a landing on the downslope of the wake.

volfan705
08-11-2016, 01:05 PM
I have the 07 XLV.. as I have told many people build a suck gate.. I just also ordered two 1140 bags for the rear as I have found with about 5 avg males in the boat for weight with the suck gate the wave is great.. that's with the bow bag pretty much full as well Wake Makers has an upgrade to the 1140's for under $500 and there is a code you can get for 10% off if you order. Just my thoughts good luck

gregski
08-11-2016, 01:32 PM
Agree with other comments about wanting (needing) more ballast for surfing. Without a suckgate, we run locker and IBS full, slammed full 1100 surf side and some amount non-surf side depending on crew; the trim tab is usually in the range of 1/2-2/3 down; and almost always 10.5mph. We haven't used a suckgate enough to advise but above comments seem right.

For wakeboarding, you'll make a nice wake with the stock setup all full. I tend to also run the IBS full (depending on crew) and maybe a bit more weight than the stock bags would offer but planing out starts to become an issue with too much weight. The trim tab is usually around 1/2 down but we tweak it depending on all other factors, and sometimes have to trim full down to get on plane and then set to desired position. I like 21mph.

Moby44
08-14-2016, 10:59 PM
Agree with other comments about wanting (needing) more ballast for surfing. Without a suckgate, we run locker and IBS full, slammed full 1100 surf side and some amount non-surf side depending on crew; the trim tab is usually in the range of 1/2-2/3 down; and almost always 10.5mph. We haven't used a suckgate enough to advise but above comments seem right.

For wakeboarding, you'll make a nice wake with the stock setup all full. I tend to also run the IBS full (depending on crew) and maybe a bit more weight than the stock bags would offer but planing out starts to become an issue with too much weight. The trim tab is usually around 1/2 down but we tweak it depending on all other factors, and sometimes have to trim full down to get on plane and then set to desired position. I like 21mph.

Thanks guys, this will get me going in the right direction!

parrothd
08-14-2016, 11:15 PM
1100s, center and ibs all full, plus a suck gate..

brain_rinse
08-15-2016, 08:48 AM
1100s, center and ibs all full, plus a suck gate..

Yep. You said best so best is going to be running it slammed. We got a better wave slightly listed with the suck gate so try moving the people in the boat to the surf side or dripping some of the weight on the opposite side 1100.

You can get a really good wave with only stock rear bags full and a suck gate too.

matthewgrace
12-01-2022, 03:26 AM
Here are a few tips to get you started:

1. Set the wakeboard and surf settings to "Wakeboard" and "Surf" respectively. This will give you the best results when using them together.

2. If you're using a surfboard, make sure it's set to "Surf" as well. This will help you take advantage of the waves and improve your surfing skills.

3. If you're using a wakeboard, make sure it's set to "Wakeboard" and "Surf" respectively. This will give you the best results when using them together.

4. Be sure to practice regularly and experiment with different settings to find the one that works best for you. You'll be surprised how much better your surfing and wakeboarding skills will improve after just a few tries!