PDA

View Full Version : Skiing is alive

jmvotto
08-05-2016, 10:32 PM
Visiting in central Michigan, lots of DD boats and a few running the course in the middle of this small lake .

Pretty cool, always wanted to run a course....

jstenger
08-05-2016, 10:47 PM
Which town and what lake?

jmvotto
08-05-2016, 10:56 PM
Centerville. Big fish lake

Ed_Geary
08-09-2016, 01:07 PM
I actually took my ski out this past weekend. Been 11 years. Couldn't get up - only allowed myself three tries.

I believe it is time to start skiing again.... before I get to damn old.

zabooda
08-09-2016, 04:39 PM
I actually took my ski out this past weekend. Been 11 years. Couldn't get up - only allowed myself three tries.

I believe it is time to start skiing again.... before I get to damn old.

I know that feeling. I'll be 60 next month and with three knee operations (on one knee) I just can't do what I used to do. I think I would feel more comfortable dropping my speed from 35 mph down to 11 mph and learn to wake surf. My fear is I would enjoy it and then I would have to look at the $$ to get into it. I do have some surfer friends who are always looking for riders so I may opt for that.

sandm
08-09-2016, 08:31 PM
I rarely ever saw a slalom skier on the local lakes in Boise ID. see it regularly out here in the midwest of WI. and lots of small kids doing it..
I used to be one that posted that slalom is dying, but not in the midwest.. the local waterboard warrior skiers do weekly shows that seem to still garner a decent audience and there are many more around the area..
http://waterboardwarriors.org/

Ed_Geary
08-10-2016, 07:52 AM
Skiing is alive and well here in Clermont, Fl. Not as popular as wakeboarding of course. Every morning at 6:20 AM I see one of the pro's running the course....the same course the wakeboarding pro's tear up at 5:15 PM....and then there is the occasional surfer who will go thru :)