PDA

View Full Version : Sell me or not. 2013 LSV for...

icemanftr
08-04-2016, 09:36 PM
Well the time has come or will be gone. Thinking about buying a new boat for space and new surf technology and now is the time to buy as 2017s are rolling out and good deals are out for 2016.

I have looked at Supreme s226/s238 67k/73k
Tige r22 73k
Craz 67k
Mojo 71k

I currently owned since new 2013 LSV with added manual flow. Currently owe like 16k on her.

238,r22,Craz, mojo in pics.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160805/5307cb18a432a543d669ba44e1a710a3.pnghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160805/86cebe901916bc0c29d653c8c332695f.pnghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160805/b784bb6a2e545901b3e2b09adc00ec34.pnghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160805/6fc5688140c2bfa627450b83274b7abd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jtatexc
08-04-2016, 10:00 PM
I have to be honest that I was never a huge fan of the Supreme. I didn't like the feel of the interior and I didn't feel as spacious to me. We were between the tige r20 and craz when we made our purchase and just felt we got a lot more from the moomba than we did from the tige buck for buck. Had the r22 been out at the time at that price I feel like it may have been a harder decision as it was a 2006 tige 22v we were trading in and still very much liked that boat. We just wanted an update. Does the tige have the convexvx option? From what I understand that is a must if you can do it.

Of all those, and truthfully not being bias, I really love the color in that craz! I have never seen the blue against the green like that and am really into it. Did you get out and demo them? On this forum you're gonna get way more pushing you towards the moomba obviously as they should but I do think the mojo and craz are superior to the 2 you put them against. My .02

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

jmvotto
08-04-2016, 10:04 PM
Mojo or tige, the craz color scheme is fugly

mattsask
08-04-2016, 10:39 PM
I was in this exact situation in April when I bought my craz. Was shopping the same models, except the craz was NOT on my short list. Let's be honest, at this calibre, you're really splitting hairs in terms of surf wake performance. The supreme and r22 will surf slightly better, but wakeboard wake will be all wash at slower speeds, which was a concern for us with a youngster. Craz wakeboard wake is super clean at beginner speeds.

If surfing is your only interest, I would go with 238 or r22. Depending on my usual crew size. The 238 is a HUGE boat.

I went with the craz over the mojo because the cockpit is only 8" shorter and it fits my normal crew size. Plus I knew the mojo would need quite a bit more weight to surf as well as the craz.

At the end of the day it came down to the r22 and craz. The craz felt bigger inside, had the 400 vs the 360 in the tige, and we just couldn't get over that one dinky little touch screen to run the whole boat. The craz seemed to have way more value for our money.

The color of that craz is not my cup of tea though! What motor is in the tige?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

icemanftr
08-04-2016, 11:21 PM
I have to be honest that I was never a huge fan of the Supreme. I didn't like the feel of the interior and I didn't feel as spacious to me. We were between the tige r20 and craz when we made our purchase and just felt we got a lot more from the moomba than we did from the tige buck for buck. Had the r22 been out at the time at that price I feel like it may have been a harder decision as it was a 2006 tige 22v we were trading in and still very much liked that boat. We just wanted an update. Does the tige have the convexvx option? From what I understand that is a must if you can do it.

Of all those, and truthfully not being bias, I really love the color in that craz! I have never seen the blue against the green like that and am really into it. Did you get out and demo them? On this forum you're gonna get way more pushing you towards the moomba obviously as they should but I do think the mojo and craz are superior to the 2 you put them against. My .02

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Tige has convex yes. I have demoed the Craz and he brought 3 extra fat sacks and I was not impressed to be honest. I have seen the other two in action but not the Mojo. I have just heard many members on here complain about having to throw a ton of weight to make a good surf. Surf is 90% of the boat function.

Mojo or tige, the craz color scheme is fugly

Lol some may think that. But as a die hard Seahawk fan, this goes nicely with the rest of my lifestyle and of course I love all those colors.

I was in this exact situation in April when I bought my craz. Was shopping the same models, except the craz was NOT on my short list. Let's be honest, at this calibre, you're really splitting hairs in terms of surf wake performance. The supreme and r22 will surf slightly better, but wakeboard wake will be all wash at slower speeds, which was a concern for us with a youngster. Craz wakeboard wake is super clean at beginner speeds.

If surfing is your only interest, I would go with 238 or r22. Depending on my usual crew size. The 238 is a HUGE boat.

I went with the craz over the mojo because the cockpit is only 8" shorter and it fits my normal crew size. Plus I knew the mojo would need quite a bit more weight to surf as well as the craz.

At the end of the day it came down to the r22 and craz. The craz felt bigger inside, had the 400 vs the 360 in the tige, and we just couldn't get over that one dinky little touch screen to run the whole boat. The craz seemed to have way more value for our money.

The color of that craz is not my cup of tea though! What motor is in the tige?

Motor is the 360 hp. I am going to demo that one soon and see how it feels compared to Raptor motor. Obviously my little 330 Indmar is behind on all these choices. Although my LSV is decked out now and I love the wave, just figured it's time to upgrade and think of a boat I plan on keeping for a decade.

mattsask
08-05-2016, 12:27 AM
I've found it takes about 4200 lbs of ballast in my craz for the surf wave to make me happy. I think the tige with the 360 raptor might be a headache for resale a decade down the road.

I think you mean taps 3 on the tige, the convex vx still requires listing.

icemanftr
08-05-2016, 01:30 AM
Info on Tige. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160805/9f9c9a7e641f2a8a148fe6df7f1fd7b7.pnghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160805/2f17325e6b66a4419c2c13c6ae23e88d.png

icemanftr
08-05-2016, 01:32 AM
I've found it takes about 4200 lbs of ballast in my craz for the surf wave to make me happy. I think the tige with the 360 raptor might be a headache for resale a decade down the road.

I think you mean taps 3 on the tige, the convex vx still requires listing.

You have any good surf wave pics? Yeah that's a ton of weight (4200). Did you have to upgrade your prop to pull that kind of weight?

mattsask
08-05-2016, 01:36 AM
I've got the oj 945 on my boat. I'll try to snap you some pics this weekend.

mmandley
08-05-2016, 04:31 AM
If your looking at Tige then you need to look at the correct boat, that boat would be the Z3 but the Z1 is the same one but shorter. R22 is not the top of the line surf boat in their line up.

Dandy21
08-05-2016, 09:06 AM
If your looking at Tige then you need to look at the correct boat, that boat would be the Z3 but the Z1 is the same one but shorter. R22 is not the top of the line surf boat in their line up.
Correct, not top of the line but the R22 is the exact same hull as the RZ2 which has been around for quite some time and has a reputation for a great surf wave and respectable wakeboarding wake. Tige now has the R21 which is the same hull as the Z1 without all the "frills".

I know this is a Moomba forum so hopefully I won't get stoned for my comment to follow: if your main focus is going to be surfing and want a decent wave "out of the box" I would say Supreme or Tige. If you are willing to out in some additional weight and effort to really dial it in, then it may not matter.

My true advice is to shop the dealership. As mentioned before comparing these boats is somewhat splitting hairs. A GREAT dealer is key and can make the difference of several weeks on the water. After purchase is more important to me than the sales department.

No matter what remember that this should be fun and a good experience! Enjoy your 1st World Problem :D

mattsask
08-05-2016, 09:39 AM
The R21 is tiny inside, and the r22 will out surf both moombas mentioned with quite a bit less weight

mmandley
08-05-2016, 12:10 PM
Correct, not top of the line but the R22 is the exact same hull as the RZ2 which has been around for quite some time and has a reputation for a great surf wave and respectable wakeboarding wake. Tige now has the R21 which is the same hull as the Z1 without all the "frills".

I know this is a Moomba forum so hopefully I won't get stoned for my comment to follow: if your main focus is going to be surfing and want a decent wave "out of the box" I would say Supreme or Tige. If you are willing to out in some additional weight and effort to really dial it in, then it may not matter.

My true advice is to shop the dealership. As mentioned before comparing these boats is somewhat splitting hairs. A GREAT dealer is key and can make the difference of several weeks on the water. After purchase is more important to me than the sales department.

No matter what remember that this should be fun and a good experience! Enjoy your 1st World Problem :D

Yes the RZ2 is a legit boat with a great hull, but the Z1/ Z3 are still better surf hulls in the line up.

I'm not yup on the smaller boats in their line up. The Z3 has always been my favorite and the one I have surfed the most. I still don't like the nose on that boat. The new RZX I think it is, that's a beast of a boat but I like the lay out.

I'm sure this thread has limited face time, lol

I still prefer Supra line but I understand were your at and I don't blame you for shopping around

sandm
08-05-2016, 07:12 PM
having surfed all 3 z1, z3 and 22ve(rz2 hull), the rz2 hull will eat the z1. z3 is the best of the 3. r22 will be a better wave than the z1.

that being said, the 226 has a horrid layout unless you like a ton of bow space. mojo needs a ton of weight. the craz I was behind needed some dial and I think more weight but it sure had nice shape and good length for not a lot of nose weight.

it would be craz and r22 for me.

that being said, I'd love to get some seat time in a properly weighted sc. I LOVE that boat...

and in before the delete :)

icemanftr
08-05-2016, 11:29 PM
Thanks for all the feedback guys. I love the Moomba community and reputation so that's always gonna have a plus affect for me. I will keep you guys posted on what goes down as things transpire.

jmvotto
08-06-2016, 07:43 AM
The surf link on the tige is a cool plus ...
The room in the tige seems smaller than an Lsv or a craz , mojo is huge , I like a big boat.

icemanftr
08-06-2016, 10:56 PM
The surf link on the tige is a cool plus ...
The room in the tige seems smaller than an Lsv or a craz , mojo is huge , I like a big boat.

Yes it is. But in all honesty its kind of silly and another thing to worry about breaking, losing, etc. in my opinion once I get boat dialed I don't need to play with settings in water etc. I should be able to enjoy surfing without any added distractions.