PDA

View Full Version : Cant Get any Push behind 2013 OutbackV HELP

eggz
07-31-2016, 12:13 AM
I recently bought a 2013 Outback V, it is my first boat and inboard. I had surfed behind a friend of mines friends Tige RZ4 with no problem two summers ago. Other than that I had only Wakeboarded and Slalom Skied which was behind my dads Four Winns Horizon200. Any recommendations for how to get more push? I currently have a rear port and starboard locker and one hull locker in the center. I am assuming this is the standard set up because when I bought the boat it only had 36 hours on it so I do not think the previous only made any modifications to it. Do I need to add more weight? Any suggestions with how to set the wake plate? Also how much weight/what would be the factory set up for this boat? When I purchased the bought from the marina I did not get specifics on how much weight each bag can hold. And I have been going insane trying to figure all of this out. PLEASE HELP.

sandm
07-31-2016, 09:32 AM
you need more weight if it's factory.
my old 20ssv is not too different in length/width and running from the outbackv. I ran 1100 in the back locker(don't think it was completely full), factory front, 400 in the nose and 400 on the surfside seat. this was with 3 or 4 in the boat. plate varied depending on day but that's the easy part to play with.
would guess the outbackv was the standard 400 midship/left/right for a total of 1200.
making the logical assumption that in the rear, you are only filling up the surfside.

eggz
07-31-2016, 10:23 AM
Yea it is factory, and yea its just mid and back left/right. How difficult is it to add weight? And where would I put the bags? I primarily wakeboard anyway but enjoy surfing and probably would more if I was able to actually surf and do so without the damn rope. Would you say there is 0 chance to do this without adding weight? I have the manuel surf tabs and recently read that with them I should be weighting the boat more evenly for the best effect. Yes before I was running the the surfside rear at 100 and experimenting with the mid at like 35. Also even though it seems I do not have enough weight would adding a suck gate fix this problem? Thanks a lot for your help.

sandm
08-01-2016, 08:30 AM
I'll defer to an outback owner with the manual surf tabs. I subscribe to the school of thought that boats should be listed for a solid surf wave so if it was my boat, I would not use 'em.

as far as replacement sacks, you should be able to pull the old bags out, contact mla on here and new bags are a plug and play replacement.

good luck in your quest :)

mikenehrkorn
08-01-2016, 12:22 PM
I don't have the manual surf tabs on my '13 OBV but I run 900# in each of the rear lockers with 400# stock in center and a 650# IBS to go along with a suck gate. Great wave and push!!

kpanderson07
08-01-2016, 03:36 PM
I have just the stock ballast and a suck gate on my 14 Outback V. I find that my wave is better when I run the non-surf side at 50% and the surf side and center at 100% with the wake plate all the way deployed. Water depth is also a factor. Anything under 12-15 feet and I have no push but once the depth is 15' or more I can drop the rope and ride for a bit.

coop
08-02-2016, 06:18 PM
I have an '09 OBV. I have added the surf tabs to my boat and it has made a world of difference. I am currently running 800 in rear lockers, 400 under seats both sides, 400 in ski locker and about 600 in the bow sack. I bought all of the extra bags and fittings through wakemakers. My buddy has an '09 centurion 23' and my wave is equally as good, just a little different.
If you want to surf fill everything to the max and put wake plate up. If you want a fantastic wave, add more bags. The guys at wakemakers are great, they will help you put an order together.

Sent from my Leap using Tapatalk

devito718
08-09-2016, 11:37 PM
I am having same problem as u on my 2015 OBV
Today i bought 2 540 lbs sumo sacs.
Surfside 100%
Center 100%
Opposite locker 15%
540 on rear seat
And 540 above center sack.
Worked great for friend 150lbs with lquid fish tale 5'3"
Iam 200 and could not get push
Looking for longer board
Spent a lot of time this summer on this today was most progress
Wake plate set on middle 9.5mph

mikenehrkorn
08-10-2016, 09:29 AM
I am having same problem as u on my 2015 OBV
Today i bought 2 540 lbs sumo sacs.
Surfside 100%
Center 100%
Opposite locker 15%
540 on rear seat
And 540 above center sack.
Worked great for friend 150lbs with lquid fish tale 5'3"
Iam 200 and could not get push
Looking for longer board
Spent a lot of time this summer on this today was most progress
Wake plate set on middle 9.5mph

I also run the wakeplate at about 1/2 but speed between 10.5-10.7 on my '13 OBV - have you tried to go a bit faster?

devito718
08-10-2016, 10:10 AM
Yes i started at 10.8
Less push
I think i need longer board