PDA

View Full Version : Front ballast not working!!

Kidder522
07-30-2016, 09:17 PM
Hey fellas. So , I have another one for you. Today while out surfing, we forgot to shut the front fill off and took off. After about 10 seconds, the bag was right full, pushing the floor door open. My wife shut it odd and drained a bit out of it. Then she added a bit once the door closed. Went for my surf and got back to the dock after. Hit the empty....nothing. Hit the fill.....nothing for the front bag. Both rear bags work, fill and empty, but not front. Totally confused. All fuses under dash are good, and I can hear the selenoid engage. I'm totally confused why both backs work, but not the front.

Any insight would be great.

Thanks.

2007 LSV
2014 F-150 EcoBoost - tow rig

Atlanta1213
07-30-2016, 09:37 PM
Sounds like the pump for that particular bag is having issues. There is one pump for each bag so it doesn't seem unusual that the port and starboard rear pumps are working. Maybe remove the panel that the pumps are behind and take a closer look? On my 2011 LSV that was at the rear of the port locker your location may be different though. In the five years I owned the LSV I had to replace two pumps that failed. Before I did that I would remove the panel and swap the wiring plugs around to verify that the pump was actually the issue.

Kidder522
07-31-2016, 04:20 PM
Ok. My other question is.... Are both fill and empty pumps on the front bag connected together. Why would the bag not empty??

2007 LSV

Atlanta1213
07-31-2016, 09:48 PM
One pump does fill and drain for each bag - it is just reversible.

yearround
08-01-2016, 09:44 AM
on the 2007 LSV, assuming you have the stock ballast setup, there is one one pump to fill all three bags. to empty, each bag has it's own pump. the front locker drain pump is probably in the ski locker with the bag and the pump is probably dead. i would guess to empty the bag, you will need to disconnect the fill line and let gravity drain to the bilge.

I have a 2008 lsv and have been contemplating replacing the drain pump for a while, it is still the original pump, i have replaced both rears when they died.

Ok. My other question is.... Are both fill and empty pumps on the front bag connected together. Why would the bag not empty??

2007 LSV

Kidder522
08-01-2016, 12:18 PM
Thanks for the insight. So the fill pump and the drain pump must be wired together, so that if one fails, it cancels out the circuit?

2007 LSV

wolfeman131
08-01-2016, 12:36 PM
One pump does fill and drain for each bag - it is just reversible.

this is incorrect for the 2007 LSV. There is (1) fill pump that runs thru a manifold that directs water to the selected bag and each bag has a dedicated empty pump.

check fuses, wiring, etc. get a voltmeter and/ or try swapping empty pumps to pinpoint your failure point.

kaneboats
08-01-2016, 02:30 PM
So the fill pump and the drain pump must be wired together, so that if one fails, it cancels out the circuit?

No. The switch has three positions. The fill position opens the sprinkler valve and turns on the main pump. The drain position just turns on the empty pump.