PDA

View Full Version : Malibu mxz versus SE

russellsmojo
07-30-2016, 10:03 AM
I know this is a hard question on a supra/moomba forum. Has anyone rode behind/in a 24mxz and can tell their thoughts. Comparing to SE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rdlangston13
08-01-2016, 10:36 PM
The SE looks better lol

Sent from my iPhone

russellsmojo
08-01-2016, 11:09 PM
David, agree hands down! thanks for input. I have been looking over my shoulder today.....beginning to think I might wind up in a trash dumpster or at the bottom of the lake tied to anchor for asking such a question!

Woody929
08-02-2016, 12:12 AM
David, agree hands down! thanks for input. I have been looking over my shoulder today.....beginning to think I might wind up in a trash dumpster or at the bottom of the lake tied to anchor for asking such a question!

✊🏻✊🏻✊🏻🚪😰😱🙌🏽🔫😵⚰

Mwcraz
08-02-2016, 08:23 AM
Surf gate vs surf tabs. Ford vs Chevy. Both have advantages. I would be concerned with the 100% digital dash in the Malibu. Otherwise they both are great boats. I would go with how close a dealer is to you and price.

jmvotto
08-02-2016, 08:47 AM
Surf wave on SE is amaz ballz ....

surfed the axis 24 and bu lsv23 prefer the SE

mmandley
08-02-2016, 09:50 AM
Based on surf wave, I would go SE due to the surf gate has a very low wave power, as in the power is in the bottom of the wave. The top has no real push.

Also the new Malibu run opposite rotation prop, so the good side is now the goofy and the ok side is the regular.

Die hard Malibu owners I know prefer no gate at all

The Supra surfs great on both sides as I understand it.
For me personally I just can't see a boat company taking care of me better then SC and that's says a lot in my book.

dusty2221
08-02-2016, 10:07 AM
Come on Russell....let's do this. I'll deliver to Lewisville for ya....... :) SE you soon!

MJHSupra
08-02-2016, 10:23 AM
Dusty - do you you work in marketing: "SE you soon". I like it.

Someone needs to post this on the BU site and see the comments

russellsmojo
08-02-2016, 06:06 PM
Dusty should dabble in boat sales.
Mandley, I am regular. So what year did that start on the prop?
Mxz is out for sure. Thanks for info.

mmandley
08-02-2016, 06:42 PM
Dusty should dabble in boat sales.
Mandley, I am regular. So what year did that start on the prop?
Mxz is out for sure. Thanks for info.

I want to say 15 models is when they did that.

If you look up Mason Obrey or Vince Castronovo (Facebook) his boat is the first year they went with that direction, you will notice almost all the pics of that awesome wave is always goofy. It helps they surf goofy but the regular wave is pretty disappointing I hear from other Malibu owners

Mobius22
08-03-2016, 02:21 PM
SE hands down for me. Interior is much plusher in the newer Supras vs Malibu in my opinion. To be honest, Malibu has slipped recently with their designs if you ask me. I would defer to Mike on surf quality, he knows his stuff regarding waves. The wakeboard wake on the SE is outstanding though if you wakeboard much. I've also heard horror stories about the Malibu dash freezing and people just being stuck cause it's all digital.

DFTR Josh
08-04-2016, 09:48 AM
Malibu dash freezing and people just being stuck cause it's all digital
No backup switches can't be a good thing! I used my SC switches more then the touch screen I think ;)

MCObray
08-04-2016, 07:09 PM
I want to say 15 models is when they did that.

If you look up Mason Obray* or Vince Castronovo (Facebook) his boat is the first year they went with that direction, you will notice almost all the pics of that awesome wave is always goofy. It helps they surf goofy but the regular wave is pretty disappointing I hear from other Malibu owners

;)

Hope Georgia is treating you well Mike!

mmandley
08-05-2016, 04:37 AM
;)

Hope Georgia is treating you well Mike!

Thanks Mason, how about you fill in the blanks on the Malibu wave since you are an expert.