PDA

View Full Version : Ballast issues

Ironcross25
07-30-2016, 09:08 AM
I'm having ballast issues on my 12 mojo. Started the other day. While filling or about full all 3 go to 0 %. I dug around and found the breaker in the engine bay was tripped. Reset and they worked again. Yesterday I filled half to wakeboard on the morning then drained. Later in day went to fully fill for surf and again all went to 0%. All but one was full. Port pump wouldn't work but others did. Reset breaker and they worked. Could this be the module or a pump issue? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ironcross25
08-21-2016, 05:52 PM
bump. still having issue. called a dealer and they said could be linked to changing a battery. I cant see how since It was fine after I changed the battery. Ill call them again tomorrow. anyone have any ideas where to look? thanks

brain_rinse
08-22-2016, 08:16 PM
Can you post a pic of how the pumps are mounted in your boat?

Ironcross25
08-31-2016, 08:23 AM
Sorry didn't see this until now. I think I did find the culprit. I will test this weekend. Found a loose positive wire at the breaker in engine bay for the module. I also checked and snugged all connections at module behind panel in port v locker. Pumps and module are all mounted behind it. I actually found the green plug on module may have wiggled a hair loose first. Ballast worked but after I got back in after a session it would be zero. But messing around with breaker kicked back to what the % should be. Which finding the loose connection makes sense on the issue.

I'll update after the weekend of all is good in case a future issues like this.

Ironcross25
09-07-2016, 07:42 AM
So loose connection did not fix but I did find the issue. Stupid and drove me nuts. My 1100 bag in port locker shifted a bit from storing stuff while bag is empty. When almost full it was pushing the divider enough that it put the breaker switch close enough to one of the water hoses to just push the button enough to stop the circuit. Adjusted bag and wala! Fixed