PDA

View Full Version : Trying make do with what I got for now?????

Blazeshoe
07-29-2016, 12:51 PM
Hey guys just bought an old 2000 22ft kamberra it's v drive. This will be my first attempt at surfing but I was wanting to ask a few questions. I built a ghetto gate yesterday and got it to where it stays secure. However all I have is one 850lb fat sac. That I figured I would put on the surf side of the engine. Do you think I'll be able to do anything that even resembles surfing with only that fat sac? I'll have 4 or 5 other people with me also

5:00
07-29-2016, 01:17 PM
No idea but I would get some of those people in the bow of the boat also.

trayson
07-29-2016, 04:57 PM
Hey guys just bought an old 2000 22ft kamberra it's v drive. This will be my first attempt at surfing but I was wanting to ask a few questions. I built a ghetto gate yesterday and got it to where it stays secure. However all I have is one 850lb fat sac. That I figured I would put on the surf side of the engine. Do you think I'll be able to do anything that even resembles surfing with only that fat sac? I'll have 4 or 5 other people with me also

MAYBE. but that's a big maybe. You'll be able to get people line riding just fine. Not sure if you'll have the push to go ropeless or not. Remember there are 3 factors: Wave, rider skill, and board. a skilled rider on a really quick board could probably surf your setup and stay in the pocket. but an unskilled rider or someone on a slower board might have more trouble.

But give it a try and if nothing else, get comfortable line riding and making those subtle adjustments as a rider to stay in the wave's energy and maintain stability. It's not like many people go surfing for the first time and are able to toss the rope anyway.

Blazeshoe
07-29-2016, 05:25 PM
I'm sorry I didn't word that very well. I have surfed before, this is going to be the first time this boat has surfed. Is what I should have said. I surfed behind a family members boat just a couple of times and decided I had to buy a v drive for myself. I was about to go without the rope my first try (lucky I guess). What would you guys recommend me start buying as far as more sacs? I don't want to buy something I don't need, but I want to get as much as I can out this poor old boat.

trayson
07-29-2016, 05:36 PM
Get the biggest bags that will fit in your various compartments and make yourself a suck gate. you'll be in good shape then. I really don't know what's going to fit in your various lockers. Call Wakemakers and ask them if you don't know. And they'll give you a 10% forum discount too if you ask.

Blazeshoe
07-29-2016, 07:28 PM
Ok sweet, thanks for your help I appreciate it. Btw I noticed in your sig you have ppi amps. How do you like them?

parrothd
07-29-2016, 08:10 PM
Buy several used 750 bags and a tsunami pump(or 2). I used to fill 3-4 bags with a pump when we first started out. Cheaper, people are always upgrading to larger 1100 and selling them.

trayson
08-01-2016, 04:55 PM
Ok sweet, thanks for your help I appreciate it. Btw I noticed in your sig you have ppi amps. How do you like them?

I've been pretty happy with them for the money. For a budget amp, they're hard to beat.