PDA

View Full Version : How to remove 6.0L engine from 2012 Moomba Mojo 2.5

kss1224
07-28-2016, 10:14 PM
Hi, everyone.

We have a 2012 Moomba Mojo 2.5 with a 6.0L Inmar v-drive combination in the shop with a blown engine. Does anyone know if it is possible to remove both the engine and transmission together out of this boat? Or do we need to separate the transmission from the engine in order to make the turn past the fiberglass wall?

Thanks in advance for any and all guidance!

-KSS1224

smorris7
07-29-2016, 10:14 AM
Hi, everyone.

We have a 2012 Moomba Mojo 2.5 with a 6.0L Inmar v-drive combination in the shop with a blown engine. Does anyone know if it is possible to remove both the engine and transmission together out of this boat? Or do we need to separate the transmission from the engine in order to make the turn past the fiberglass wall?

-KSS1224

I'm pretty sure they will need to be separated. Any reason you are wanting to remove vdrive and tranny?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kss1224
08-01-2016, 10:24 PM
Thanks for the response, Shane.

I'll clarify....

We want to know if we can pull the engine and transmission together. We would leave the v-drive where it sits. Any idea whether we would have enough room to slide the engine back from the transmission in order to get it out? Or would we have to pull both the engine and transmission together?

Thanks!

icemanftr
08-02-2016, 12:52 AM
Hi, everyone.

-KSS1224

By the looks of it you may have to remove and pull engine itself. Blown? How many hours? Idea of root cause? Sorry to hear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk