PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Mobius D-Drive

pwcopy
07-25-2016, 03:29 PM
New to forum. Will anyone point me to pro reviews of this boat or previous discussions of wakeboard and skiing performance on this forum. Can't find out a thing about it on the interwebs. All searches just come up with 2000 Mobius V references. There is a 2000 Mobius D-Drive for sale in my area, low hours and a very reasonable price. I'm 60 years old and am transitioning from slalom to a very relaxed form of wakeboarding (maybe I should call it "wakecruising"), but I'll also tow some decent slalom skiers and intermediate boarding.

Many thanks for yr help, PW

kaneboats
08-01-2016, 10:15 AM
You may want to expand your search to include "Outback". In 2000, I believe the Outback was the ski boat with no tower and the Mobius was the D-drive that came with a tower (same boat). Later the Mobius LSV was the v-drive wake boat.

jps120
08-01-2016, 01:29 PM
New to forum. Will anyone point me to pro reviews of this boat or previous discussions of wakeboard and skiing performance on this forum. Can't find out a thing about it on the interwebs. All searches just come up with 2000 Mobius V references. There is a 2000 Mobius D-Drive for sale in my area, low hours and a very reasonable price. I'm 60 years old and am transitioning from slalom to a very relaxed form of wakeboarding (maybe I should call it "wakecruising"), but I'll also tow some decent slalom skiers and intermediate boarding.

Many thanks for yr help, PW

I don't know where you would find any reviews, but I did own a 2001 Mobius ls which was a direct drive. I am not a skier, but the wake really did flatten off in to a nice little table above 30. As far as wakeboarding, it has a nice mellow wake. It definitely did not have a lip to it but I was a nice easy transistion perfect for what you are talking about doing.

kaneboats
08-01-2016, 02:32 PM
I had the Outback LS. Great ski wake and decent wakeboard wake for novices with a little added ballast.

Also, in the ABOUT section on the homepage here you can go to BOAT ARCHIVE and select 2000 and MOBIUS to see more info about your boat. Here's a link to the page:

http://www.moomba.com/archive/00-mobius