PDA

View Full Version : Hydroturf update?

ninedriver
07-23-2016, 07:00 PM
Hey guys, I know a handful of you have ripped out the carpet and gone with hydroturf or some variant there of. I'm desperately wanting to do it myself but I still haven't managed the time.

Anyway, now that some of you have been running it for a while, I was looking for an update.. Likes, dislikes, durability, temperature, ability to clean, dry, anything you'd do different, etc...

Thanks

gravity
07-23-2016, 09:10 PM
The stuff on my swim platform sheds if you brush it. Have had for 2 seasons. The stuff I did on the inside seems OK.

parrothd
07-23-2016, 11:20 PM
None.. Third season living in a slip..

I have molded inside and cut(softer) on the platform. The platform has taken a lot of abuse from wakeboarders sliding off, noticed a small edge piece missing the other day, 150+ hours each season.. I'll probably get another season out of the platform.

trayson
07-24-2016, 06:00 PM
I have the molded inside and on the platform. it's held up great. the gray matches the carpet perfectly. It can get a little hot in direct sun, but nothing that a quick spraydown from a stream machine water gun I keep in the boat doesn't fix.

I'm totally happy with mine and would do it all over again.

smorris7
07-25-2016, 09:51 AM
Season 2 and its holding up great. Very happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gpd005
07-25-2016, 10:55 AM
same results here on the swim platform. A few very small pieces have torn off due to teaching new peeps on the platform, but otherwise it has been great and we get compliments on it all the time. We went with Minor's moss on the inside though and that is for sure a huge improvement over carpet.