PDA

View Full Version : Running Rough

ejfmaf
07-23-2016, 11:43 AM
I have a 08' LSV and had trouble cranking it yesterday. It would turnover and try to start but wouldn't. Finally got it started but ran really rough then quit. This happened several times. Finally I tapped on the solenoid at the front of the engine, looks like it has a fuel line attached, and the boat cranked and ran like a top. Later the same thing happened so I tapped it again and it worked fine. Any suggestions?

moombahighrider
07-23-2016, 11:51 AM
I have a 08' LSV and had trouble cranking it yesterday. It would turnover and try to start but wouldn't. Finally got it started but ran really rough then quit. This happened several times. Finally I tapped on the solenoid at the front of the engine, looks like it has a fuel line attached, and the boat cranked and ran like a top. Later the same thing happened so I tapped it again and it worked fine. Any suggestions?

Vapor lock. Do a search for it. Pour water on fuel pump and you will be good to go, but it will happen each time you sit after a decent amount of hard running when it is hot weather. The key is to do whatever you can to not trap the hot air in the engine bay while you sit. Run the blower for a good amount of time and/or open the engine compartment pad for 10 mins or so.

ejfmaf
07-23-2016, 12:03 PM
Thanks for the info. Another thing I forgot to mention is when this occurs there is something going on with the ignition switch. It will beep a couple of times when turning the key, as if the electric connection is not good.