PDA

View Full Version : Swim platform issue can someone tell me if I have a problem?

Blazeshoe
07-22-2016, 11:40 PM
I bought a new to me 2000 kamberra today. I didn't notice it before I bought the boat but when I got it home, I was getting in the boat (out of the water). And when I put weight on the swim deck I noticed the transom somewhat flex. Just around the mounting brackets. Is this normal when the boat isn't in the water? Or do I have an issue? I thought about adding some support bars more to the outer part of the platform. But I would rather know if I have a problem or not to begin with.

Blazeshoe
07-23-2016, 03:04 PM
Nobody has an answer? I went and looked at again today and it definitely is moving just right at the mounts. Almost like the backing plate isn't big enough. But I can't see anything from the engine bay. Without having to really start tearing stuff apart

beat taco
07-23-2016, 03:35 PM
Stick this in google, start there.
"moomba transom swim platform"
Lots on this.
Here's the hole I cut, more in my thread "pumps in!!"http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160723/8c1c4861c163f1c220643e969a336d99.jpg

Blazeshoe
07-23-2016, 03:56 PM
Ok that's about the only variation of the wording I haven't tried to google. I've been reading As much as I can. The whole engine bay of my boat it finished out in carpet and stuff though so I'm kind of blind unless I really start ripping into it. Thanks for your response

beat taco
07-23-2016, 05:09 PM
Ok that's about the only variation of the wording I haven't tried to google. I've been reading As much as I can. The whole engine bay of my boat it finished out in carpet and stuff though so I'm kind of blind unless I really start ripping into it. Thanks for your response
Yes you pull the carpet back, cut the floor, and carve out some foam. I just put spray foam back in and shaved it flush with the floor, and glued the carpet back down with DAP contact cement.

Blazeshoe
07-23-2016, 07:49 PM
Ok so I went out and looked a little closer today top bolts were way easier to get to than I had thought. What did you use to cut the access hole? And my top bolts only had two really small washers, there was not a back plate of any sort. Is that normal?

beat taco
07-23-2016, 09:48 PM
My supra had plates but I made some larger plates. I used a multi tool to cut the holes.

Blazeshoe
07-23-2016, 10:08 PM
Man I really appreciate your help a lot. I'm going to build some plates. I'm also going to build some for the bottom I think since they just thread into the boat not. I'm actually a lot more handy than this post makes me sound lol. Thanks man I sure appreciate it