PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on autoflow 2.0 install?

blackcup
07-21-2016, 05:28 PM
Hey guys ... a couple of months ago I ordered the autoflow 2.0 plates from wakeland and had the Moomba dealer here install them. Since the beginning they have never really worked right ... the plate level on the controller was no where close to where the actual plates were etc ... they sent longer actuators to be installed ... which were and made the wave significantly worse ... but that is a side story at this point in time.

Take a look at the installation of the plates and let me know what you guys think? The left plate is a whole 1" higher than the right plate. They are both fully disengaged at this point. My boat also constantly turns to the right when the wheel is in the middle ... I have to keep it at the 10 o'clock position to go in a straight line. It has been like that since being installed.

I'm puzzled as to what to do at this point in time. I emailed wakeland again but probably won't hear back from them for a few days. My local dealer/installer is saying that it would not affect the boat or the surf wave but to me that just doesn't really make sense.

All in all this has been a total disaster! :mad::mad: I did this instead of upgrading to a new 2016 Mojo and all I want is my boat/wave to work the way it is supposed to!!

http://i.imgur.com/oUtDKGf.jpg

KG's Supra24
07-21-2016, 06:20 PM
I agree. The plates designed to affect the way the boat sits in the water shouldn't have an affect on how it drives .....

Heard a dealer hear tell a guy with a messed up Malibu wedge it surfs better without the wedge ....

People will blabber anything. Ugh, sorry I'm not more help. I'd keep pushing or simply ask it be removed and refunded

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

lsupcar
07-21-2016, 06:46 PM
What is the installers explanation as to why they are uneven? Software or hardware? If software, get a new controller, if hardware, you need to take measurements and determine where the discrepancy is between the two sides. They should be a mirror image of each other. It would not take much difference in the actuator support mount position to affect tab movement. Measure all the pieces and all the mounting locations. See if the actuators move the same amount.
You would hope the people you hire could and would have done all of this, but it sounds like you are going to have to figure it out yourself and fix it yourself or tell them what the problem is so they can fix it.

blackcup
07-21-2016, 08:19 PM
Their explanation was that the fibreglass mould from the factory is off and they did the measurements from the top down. Since the mould was off that made the plate off. I am heading down to take some measurements and close up pix now but the whole thing is totally out of whack.

Also the 1/2" bead of unfinished caulking of the right one is a nice little touch. Looks like a 5 year old did the work.

lsupcar
07-21-2016, 08:42 PM
Ouch.
It seems like they should have measured up from the plates.
Maybe you can move one the actuator mounts to make them symmetrical or install a spacer under the actuator/plate connection on the high side.

tubby
07-21-2016, 09:09 PM
If it measures the same, try switching the actuators either literally or with the wiring behind the dash. Then you at least isolate if it's a bad controller or actuator.

If it is mounted wrong. It would be more likely the swim platform is mounted crooked than a lopsided hull. I bet the installer measured off the platform.

nitrodude24
07-21-2016, 10:08 PM
If it measures the same, try switching the actuators either literally or with the wiring behind the dash. Then you at least isolate if it's a bad controller or actuator.

If it is mounted wrong. It would be more likely the swim platform is mounted crooked than a lopsided hull. I bet the installer measured off the platform.

Yes platforms can be way off. no 2 are in the same place

ULMboarder
07-21-2016, 10:45 PM
I'm a dealer and I've personally installed auto flow when it came out on my mondo, then upgraded it the auto flow 2.0.

If that plate on the right side of the boat is not completely out of the water, it will absolutely effect your steering. It will pull the boat to the right. Kinda like sticking your canoe paddle on the back to turn the canoe. Next time you are just idling around, play with the tabs, you can actually steer the boat with them.

Now idk why they would measure from the top, the template uses the bottom of the boat and chines in the hull to tell you where to tape the template. It's not hard at all. It's actually really hard to mess up.

I've also been thru that factory a few times, I highly doubt they messed up a mold. They check those things meticulously.

Let us know what measurements you come up with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kaneboats
07-22-2016, 10:11 AM
It's time to make them a deal. You live with it till the season is over and learn to adjust it so you can drive. They fix it till it's right in the offseason when they don't have boats lined up all the way around the block.

blackcup
07-23-2016, 07:21 PM
I'm a dealer and I've personally installed auto flow when it came out on my mondo, then upgraded it the auto flow 2.0.

If that plate on the right side of the boat is not completely out of the water, it will absolutely effect your steering. It will pull the boat to the right. Kinda like sticking your canoe paddle on the back to turn the canoe. Next time you are just idling around, play with the tabs, you can actually steer the boat with them.

Now idk why they would measure from the top, the template uses the bottom of the boat and chines in the hull to tell you where to tape the template. It's not hard at all. It's actually really hard to mess up.

I've also been thru that factory a few times, I highly doubt they messed up a mold. They check those things meticulously.

Let us know what measurements you come up with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think its all just bullshit. I went out to the boat to try to measure from the top down and its next to impossible to get an accurate measurement because of the grooves in the transom/location of the plates etc.

Any chance you have that template kicking around? I would love to see it and wakeland isn't replying to any emails.

Had it out today on the water and played with the wave a bit more. Has anyone ever heard of needing to have the boat steer in a constant circle AWAY from the rider side to get push from the wave? I have had this thing for 2+ years and I used to be able to ride it very very easily ... now the only way to ride ropeless is if the driver is turning away in a constant circle. I've heard of turning in to the rider to give a bit more push/steepness but NEVER away. Even with turning away we can only ride for about 15 seconds before losing the wave. :-x

blackcup
07-23-2016, 07:24 PM

They already replaced the actuators to two new ones. These ones have 3" of travel in them when the others had 1.5ish I believe. The plates are still screwed as the right one is much lower than the left one.

blackcup
07-23-2016, 07:26 PM
What is the installers explanation as to why they are uneven? Software or hardware? If software, get a new controller, if hardware, you need to take measurements and determine where the discrepancy is between the two sides. They should be a mirror image of each other. It would not take much difference in the actuator support mount position to affect tab movement. Measure all the pieces and all the mounting locations. See if the actuators move the same amount.
You would hope the people you hire could and would have done all of this, but it sounds like you are going to have to figure it out yourself and fix it yourself or tell them what the problem is so they can fix it.

They are definitely not a mirror image. The angle of the one plate is quite different than the angle of the other. The bracket that the actuator affixes to is also on a different angle on each side. The actuators both move the same amount of distance (3"). I have pix on my phone that I will upload with the measurements later tonight once I am back home. Thanks everyone for the help thus far!!