PDA

View Full Version : Suck Gate Vs. Autosurf 2.0

snyderaaron
07-20-2016, 10:33 PM
Does anyone have any varying opinions on this? I sold my ronix wakeshaper with my boat and wonder if it cleans the wave better than autosurf.

smorris7
07-21-2016, 09:57 AM
Does anyone have any varying opinions on this? I sold my ronix wakeshaper with my boat and wonder if it cleans the wave better than autosurf.

I built a suck gate and tried it on my 12 Mojo. It worked ok but not like others. I do not believe the mojo hull shape is conducive to any gate type setup. It didn't even come close to my manual flow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darter
07-21-2016, 02:59 PM
I do not believe the mojo hull shape is conducive to any gate type setup.

Curious to hear more about this. I didn't consider that hull shape could reduce the effectiveness of a gate. I've been wondering if a gate would be useful for a DD LS?

Wax
07-24-2016, 11:44 AM
On a 16 mojo, I thought the auto flow and suck gate were about equivalent. The problem on the new moomba hulls is they're curved so you have to stick the gate on the flat low section. Suck gates have a range of effectiveness, where they can be too low in the water and essentially useless. To correct, I've had to list a mojo or mondo still with about half ballast in non surf side. Don't need to do that with the auto flow

Overall, I think auto flow is the way to go if you have the money to have it as an option on your boat, but the suck gate is the way to go before adding a system to a boat you already own (unless you value the control of auto flow vs manually sticking a gate on for thousands of dollars).

Ronix shaper is a completely different theory than a suck gate and each will perform different.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk