PDA

View Full Version : New Moomba Owner

RideMoomba34
07-19-2016, 01:55 PM
So yesterday I just got my first boat, its a 2000 Moomba Outback. When I purchased the boat it basically came with nothing except a couple of fat sacks for the rear seat which is nice. I do have a tower on it, looking for some tower speakers, ideas for a good quality rope and handle, I do wake board but I am not that good. Catch me on a good day and I can jump the wake. I do have perfect pass, only thing is it's not working properly. It will turn on briefly and then beep and shut off. Any ideas would be great. I thought possibly it was a loose wire. Also, my RPM gauge is not working as well. Also does everyone use the Aerospace 303 for Vinyl protectant, or have any other suggestions? Any other tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated!!!

kaneboats
07-19-2016, 02:09 PM
Nice boat! Congrats! Get a mid level non-stretch wakeboard rope off ebay then look for a quality one next winter or the one after when all the clearance sales happen. I use 303.

jrobb
07-19-2016, 02:48 PM
Congrats, i use 303 as well but have recently been using mothers VLR it does not seem to be as greasy on the seats. I second kane boats on the rope find a decent one for now and get a another in the winter when there in sale. Always good to have a backup you neve know when someone may run over one. As for the perfect pass you can most likely get the model and find a wiring schematic on line or from perfect pas and check the connections.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

RideMoomba34
07-20-2016, 12:23 PM
Thanks, I appreciate all of the help. For some reason my boat does not have any cleats on it for Buoy's or any where for a front anchor, has anyone put cleats on at all? Is there something special I need to do when drilling into gel coat?

kaneboats
07-20-2016, 12:38 PM
I put them on my Outback. Follow the drilling advice in this thread. You'll be happy.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?5834-Anybody-install-Pop-up-cleats&highlight=Outback+cleats

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?17318-Installing-pop-up-cleats-question&highlight=Outback+cleats

RideMoomba34
07-21-2016, 08:14 AM
Thank you, well I made my first rookie mistake last night, after unloading it I didn't let it idle long enough, so I was coming into park the boat and engine died as I was going in to reverse, smashed my light on the front...Any idea's on what light I need to get to replace it with?

Thanks,

kaneboats
07-21-2016, 09:46 AM
For you, I recommend this :cool: one:

http://www.hardin-marine.com/p-16697-polished-stainless-steel-pop-up-led-bow-light.aspx

sandm
07-21-2016, 10:29 AM
congrats and welcome to the forum. nice to see another cheesehead on here :)
perhaps we'll meet up eventually. several others here scattered over WI.

kaneboats
07-21-2016, 11:02 AM
Oh crap! I hope I haven't been trying to help a Packer fan. How embarrassing would that be?

RideMoomba34
07-21-2016, 11:18 AM
Well there is one thing you won't to worry about, I have lived in WI for most of my life, but I am a huge Bears fan. Born in the early 80's I watched the Bears dominate, but since 94 I have now been on the receiving end..lol

kaneboats
07-21-2016, 11:48 AM
I could only hope the 34 in your handle was in memory of Sweetness.

https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24676&d=1469116047

RideMoomba34
07-21-2016, 12:21 PM
Well of course it is, he was the greatest of all time, I have to pay homage to my favorite player.

sandm
07-21-2016, 01:34 PM
I officially rescind my offer to ever meet up with you......

jk. amazing how crazy some people get over a game.

RideMoomba34
07-22-2016, 09:16 AM
I agree, I work with a couple of guys who are like that, Bears lose and I don't care, but when Packers lose you can't talk to them for about 3 days. I don't get it haha

kaneboats
07-22-2016, 10:12 AM
My brother is like that with Florida State. You can't even watch the game with him. Nor can his family. I remember him screaming at the TV one time way back. He was all red and visibly upset and shaking. I said, "Dan, your team is up by 29 points."

icemanftr
07-22-2016, 11:45 AM
I agree, I work with a couple of guys who are like that, Bears lose and I don't care, but when Packers lose you can't talk to them for about 3 days. I don't get it haha

I bet you couldn't talk to them for Months after my Hawks came back and whooped that a** in NFC championship game 2 years ago. 😀

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kaneboats
07-22-2016, 12:41 PM
Yea, lots of folks adopted the 'hawks after they started winning. Most of them don't remember guys like Largent and Zorn though. Huh? Google it.

icemanftr
07-22-2016, 01:28 PM
Yea, lots of folks adopted the 'hawks after they started winning. Most of them don't remember guys like Largent and Zorn though. Huh? Google it.

Google what? Been bleeding blue and green since 82. No bandwagon here. 😉 I live in Spokane. I'm still a Supersonics fan too; back when they were The Glove, MacDaddy Kemp ally-ooping on people like Rodman in the famous tea bag dunk from 96-97 Finals game.

You should see my house and shop. You would think I played for the Seahawks.

kaneboats
07-22-2016, 02:04 PM
Kemp was a friggin beast.

mikenehrkorn
07-22-2016, 02:52 PM
...back when they were The Glove, MacDaddy Kemp ally-ooping on people like Rodman in the famous tea bag dunk from 96-97 Finals game.

If I recall correctly, that Finals didn't work out so well for them. :)

kaneboats
07-22-2016, 03:17 PM

BAMMMMM!!!! Ouch. I will admit I got a little bit worried during that series.

mikenehrkorn
07-22-2016, 03:37 PM
BAMMMMM!!!! Ouch. I will admit I got a little bit worried during that series.

Nah, never a doubt :) IIRC the Sonics won a couple of games at home after the Bulls took a 3-0 lead. I think that was actually the 95-96 series because the Bulls beat Utah for their final championship in 1997.

icemanftr
07-22-2016, 04:21 PM

I know it was their year too. Just like the year when they were in 1st and let the Denver Nuggets beat them. 😡

RideMoomba34
07-25-2016, 01:44 PM
Good to see not only are you well versed in boats, you also know sports. I loved the supersonics, being from WI we only get the Bucks!! There was no one better than Kemp. That guy was a beast!! Steve Largent, still to this day one of the most underrated WR ever. Well football season is upon us, I am picking the Packers taking 3rd in the division behind the Vikings, Bears, Puckers and Lions.