PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Moomba Mojo Ballast hose diameter

Choward2003
07-18-2016, 05:57 PM
Does anyone happen to know the diameter of the ballast fill/drain hose in the rear lockers? I recently installed the flyhigh 1450 lb bags in the rear lockers and one of the hoses is constantly in a bind because the hose is very short and keeps popping off the bag. Looking to get a couple longer hoses to try to prevent this from happening but I forgot to measure the width of the hoses. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snyderaaron
07-18-2016, 09:43 PM
I think they are 1 inch

lsupcar
07-18-2016, 10:39 PM
Does anyone happen to know the diameter of the ballast fill/drain hose in the rear lockers? I recently installed the flyhigh 1450 lb bags in the rear lockers and one of the hoses is constantly in a bind because the hose is very short and keeps popping off the bag. Looking to get a couple longer hoses to try to prevent this from happening but I forgot to measure the width of the hoses. Thanks

Which one is popping off?
If it is the lower fill, you can remove the clamp holding it to the floor for more wiggle room. That is if the 2016 is the same as mine.

Choward2003
07-18-2016, 11:47 PM
It's the one on the bottom in the back corner

lsupcar
07-19-2016, 09:40 AM
It's the one on the bottom in the back corner

Then you can try what I said and see it that helps.
I had this issue too. The fitting would pull out of the bag if the bag wasn't perfectly positioned. Tightening up the fittings and removing the floor clamp has eliminated the problem. I still check the bags while filling to ensure no problems.

Choward2003
07-20-2016, 03:16 PM
Thanks for the info. That's a good idea. Mine also had the stainless clamp on the floor. I went ahead and ordered a little longer hose so I'll try both

lsupcar
07-20-2016, 10:03 PM
Good luck.
Mine had a black plastic band around the hose held down to the floor with a stainless screw.