PDA

View Full Version : Hotwire my boat

DOCDRS
07-18-2016, 02:48 PM
My ignition has been acting wonky this year so I thought i would bypass the start on the ignition and add a push button start. After figuring out the wiring to the ignition plug if I cold wire the red to purple for fuel pump ignition and acc, then I can quick touch red to yellow to fire the starter ........bam hotwire start. The key is working for now , if it acts up on my holidays Ill add the push button that i ordered and have. It is blue led ringed so it looks a little cool

kaneboats
07-18-2016, 02:59 PM
My key is a little hard to get in. I'm thinking about doing the same. I have other ways of disabling the boat but most of the time when it's not running I'm either in it or it's in my garage. Key is kind of silly.

gregski
07-18-2016, 03:20 PM
The key is even more silly when you look behind the dash and realize that the wires on the switch are quick connect spade terminals. You could literally hot-wire a boat as quick as they do cars in Hollywood.

zabooda
07-18-2016, 04:26 PM
The ignition switch is a failure point so everyone needs to be able to hotwire. The same goes for the cutout switch for those that have an active switch.

mazzyel2162
07-18-2016, 07:18 PM
"Wonky" wtf

Oh yea. I forgot "Wonky" is part of the Canadian Pittsburgheze language.