PDA

View Full Version : Family Trip to Norris Lake

wolff supra21v
07-15-2016, 02:21 PM
My family takes boating trip and four wheeling trip every year to Kentucky lake every year. This Year a tornado Closed down turkey bay riding park.
So my family is doing a four wheeling trip to Ride Royal Blue in Pioneer TN.

Norris lake looks close to the riding park they are going to be at.
So my wife, kids and I were thinking of Pulling the boat to Norris lake and renting a condo or cabin on the lake and stay for a few days at the same time they are down there.

Is anyone familiar with Norris lake and best place to stay to be close to Pioneer Tn. So we can visit family at the riding park?

gpd005
07-15-2016, 02:43 PM
Norris is an awesome lake and well worth the visit. We have stayed on the lake a few times and they even have floating houses at some of the marina's that are really cool. I can't offer you a lot of advice on the where to stay part aside from Shanghai has a nice hotel right on the water we have stayed out and that is a nice marina as well.

As for the riding park we used to always ride at Daniel Boone national forrest but I've never been to Pioneer.

MJHSupra
07-17-2016, 10:45 PM
Did you post something on the Supra site? There are some Norris guys over there.

I have yet to take my boat on that lake.

I was just looking at some surfing pics on Facebook from friends, water looks really clean!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

patrick232
07-18-2016, 10:24 AM
My family takes boating trip and four wheeling trip every year to Kentucky lake every year. This Year a tornado Closed down turkey bay riding park.

So my wife, kids and I were thinking of Pulling the boat to Norris lake and renting a condo or cabin on the lake and stay for a few days at the same time they are down there.

Is anyone familiar with Norris lake and best place to stay to be close to Pioneer Tn. So we can visit family at the riding park?

You will want to stay on the North Side of the lake as this will be the closest to Royal Blue. What dates are you going down? We have some openings at our condo in August. It sleeps 9 and has a covered slip and parking for trailers in the overflow lot. Google shows just under 30 miles from door step to door step. There are other marinas closer to the freeway like Twin Cove, Whitmans Hollow and Indian River. We are back by Sugar Hollow and Deerfield Resort. Here is our website www.norrislakecondo.com there are some links to the marina and other sites.

During the week you will find great water everwhere, on the weekends it will get busy close to the marina, but you can find a cove to board in.

wolfeman131
07-18-2016, 12:40 PM
nice to see the Moomba included in the pics!

Choward2003
07-18-2016, 05:59 PM

I live in Lexington, KY but I am from Tennessee and grew up on Norris Lake. We make the 2 hour drive down to Norris every weekend to hit the lake. Feel free to text me at 606-499-6909 and I'll assist. Best lake around!!!

patrick232
07-18-2016, 10:37 PM
I live in Lexington, KY but I am from Tennessee and grew up on Norris Lake. We make the 2 hour drive down to Norris every weekend to hit the lake. Feel free to text me at 606-499-6909 and I'll assist. Best lake around!!!

That must be 2 hours not towing as I have a hard time making it from Richmond, KY to our condo in 2 hours. Do you make it over towards the jump bridge? There will be a bunch of moomba and Supra boat there this weekend.

MJHSupra
07-18-2016, 10:39 PM
Where is the jump bridge?

Choward2003
07-18-2016, 11:51 PM
That must be 2 hours not towing as I have a hard time making it from Richmond, KY to our condo in 2 hours. Do you make it over towards the jump bridge? There will be a bunch of moomba and Supra boat there this weekend.

We live out at the Bull golf course in Richmond. I leave my boat down there at a marina and I can make it in 2 hours if I don't stop. We go on the east side of Norris lake to Norris Landing. Which jump bridge are you talking about?

Outback Skid
07-19-2016, 09:10 AM
We live out at the Bull golf course in Richmond. I leave my boat down there at a marina and I can make it in 2 hours if I don't stop. We go on the east side of Norris lake to Norris Landing. Which jump bridge are you talking about?

May have to get a Central Kentucky chapter together. We live in Lexington and make the trip to Norris every weekend. We have a place at Cedar Grove. Spend a majority of our time on the area of the lake between Beach Island and Norris Landing. If you see us out in blue/white OBV stop and have a beer with us.

JHutch
07-19-2016, 11:15 AM
Making my first trip to Norris this week. Gonna be there Fri-Friday. If you see a white XLV anywhere stop and say hello. We are going to be out of Sugar Hollow Marina.

patrick232
07-19-2016, 01:58 PM
Making my first trip to Norris this week. Gonna be there Fri-Friday. If you see a white XLV anywhere stop and say hello. We are going to be out of Sugar Hollow Marina.

The jump bridge I speak of is located north of Sugar Hollow Marina, towards Lakeside Estates.

Look forward to seeing everyone this weekend that will be at the Sea Ray of Cincy Moomba / Supra events. Even if not part of the group feel free to join us Saturday at the Jump Bridge.

Let me check with the better half, maybe Saturday am I'll host breakfast at our condo in Lakeside Estates.

patrick232
07-19-2016, 03:46 PM
Here is the agenda for the Moomba / Supra Weekend at Norris Lake sponsored by Sea Ray of Cincinnati

Sea Ray of Cincinnati
Supra/Moomba Owners Rendezvous
July 23, 2016
Agenda
Friday, July 22
All Day Arrivals
7:00p Casual Gathering at Castaways Grill and Bar (Shanghai Resort)
Saturday, July 23
10:00a-3:00p Demo NEW 2017 Supra SE 550
Experience the latest Surf Technology
Meet up at the Shanghai Resort on walkway near marina office
3:00p-5:00p Raft Off
Unwind and chill with other Supra/Moomba owners on the water
Meet up at the “Jumping Bridge”
7:00p Dinner at Castaways Grill and Bar (Shanghai Resort)
Dinner buffet sponsored by Sea Ray of Cincinnati
BYOB
Please RSVP (see RSVP form)
Sunday, July 24
10:00a-2:00p Demo Rides by appointment
All Day Departures

Contact Jeff at [email protected] for more information

Choward2003
07-19-2016, 09:17 PM
May have to get a Central Kentucky chapter together. We live in Lexington and make the trip to Norris every weekend. We have a place at Cedar Grove. Spend a majority of our time on the area of the lake between Beach Island and Norris Landing. If you see us out in blue/white OBV stop and have a beer with us.

Text me a picture of your boat and I'll be on the lookout for you 606-499-6909. We have a camper at Norris landing and usually stay down that way on the water. We pull out of the marina and hang a left because the water is a lot calmer to surf/wakeboard. Sometimes go float towards Jacks Bluff/ and the smaller bridge that's rusted and people jump off of it.

Choward2003
07-19-2016, 09:20 PM

You're right no towing. I have a camper and leave my boat on a lift at Norris Landing which is the Far East side of the lake. It's a solid 1- 1 1/2 hour boat ride down your way.

evoimport6
07-25-2016, 11:52 AM
I was at springs dock with the black and silver mojo. Amazing lake but 5 of us were victims of food poisoning on Friday night. So we didn't do anything on Saturday.

wolff supra21v
07-25-2016, 04:45 PM
Well this was a great idea to go here but with the lake build and all the work around the house my wife veto the 8 hour trip for a 1.5 hour trip to Lake Shelbyville in IL.
thanks for the information hopefully we will be able to make it down there sometime.