PDA

View Full Version : Depth Guage of choice

Rugburn
07-17-2006, 09:05 AM
In a different thread we got talking about depth guages, how important it is to have one, etc. Id like to find out what brand/type folks have in here. What works the best for Moomba, that kind of thing. Its easy to pick one out in Overtons, Id just like to get some recommendations from my fellow boaters in here.

YellowMoomba0
07-17-2006, 01:01 PM
I just installed a humminbird "HDR-610", depth display-no fish finder stuff. I used a 2-1/8" hole saw on the fiberglass portion of the dash between the dash and armrest area. The kit (from www.skidim.com) comes with white and black face and bezel. When I picked mine up he had about 30 or 40 in stock. I used the white to match my guages. Looks like factory. I temporarily installed the power to a free accessory switch. If I ever add a light /speaker bar I will relocate the power source of the depth guage to the ignition.

The puck style transducer is attached to the hull just to the left of the drain plug and out of the way of the skegs. Works perfectly. I attached with silicone instead of epoxy incase it malfunctions; therefore, it can be removed easily. SkiDIM sells the depth kit for ski boats only so you know your getting the right style transducer so keep that in mind.

I think Uniden makes a good one too.

EUSTACE
07-17-2006, 03:03 PM
I’ve had the Humminbird depth finder in my boat since I bought it in 02’. The only issue I have had is this year: I needed to re-epoxy the transponder to the hull. Their customer service was great they told me what epoxy to use (12hr. just for reference sake) and sent me a new trim ring for free when I asked if I could order one from them.

Good Luck, E