PDA

View Full Version : Craz and mojo surf wave

kregstrong
07-15-2016, 10:31 AM
Where would the craz and mojo surf wave rank against competitors. Is it in the upper 2-3-4, or what? I would imagine the supra wave being very similar but not sure. I've heard good things about the tige z series and the nautique g series, so how does the moombas compare to these?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

PuraVida
07-15-2016, 11:38 AM
Too many variables to compare. Are you considering caparison based off factory stock waves? Almost all hulls need more weight than the factory provides to get them dialed. The factory wave of a G is going to be better than a stock mojo wave but a properly weighted mojo is better than a stock G if that makes sense. You are also comparing a 70k boat to 125k boat. Long story story, if you can afford a G why would one even consider a moomba?

Pound
07-15-2016, 11:59 AM
Not everyone who chooses Moomba can't afford a Nautique. It's a very smart choice. Great company, great hull, plenty of amenities/technology w/o bloated price or extras you don't "need".

You won't find too many complaints about Moomba's wake/wave. Even stock is pretty good, but extra weight is supposedly great.

kaneboats
07-15-2016, 12:05 PM
I think if I was loaded and lived in the "3 months of the year" season part of the world I would still go with Moomba. To me those high end ones are too much to have sitting around 3/4 of the year.

kregstrong
07-15-2016, 01:44 PM
Too many variables to compare. Are you considering caparison based off factory stock waves? Almost all hulls need more weight than the factory provides to get them dialed. The factory wave of a G is going to be better than a stock mojo wave but a properly weighted mojo is better than a stock G if that makes sense. You are also comparing a 70k boat to 125k boat. Long story story, if you can afford a G why would one even consider a moomba?
Well I don't spend extra money just because I can afford something lol, I actually want the best wave for the best price, so if I can get a mojo or craz for 60-70 and add 1100 lbs bags to the back and get a g surf wave then that's good with me. That's about the only weight upgrades I would wanna do would be back bags. So yea semi stock ballast with a little more in back. Can the craz or mojo keep up with some of the best?

smorris7
07-15-2016, 04:42 PM
Well I don't spend extra money just because I can afford something lol, I actually want the best wave for the best price, so if I can get a mojo or craz for 60-70 and add 1100 lbs bags to the back and get a g surf wave then that's good with me. That's about the only weight upgrades I would wanna do would be back bags. So yea semi stock ballast with a little more in back. Can the craz or mojo keep up with some of the best?

I'll put my Mojo surf wave up against pretty much anything. My buddy has a stock G and the Mojo blows it away. Of course my mojo isn't stock. But why spend 150K when you can get darn close with a 70K boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kregstrong
07-15-2016, 05:02 PM
I'll put my Mojo surf wave up against pretty much anything. My buddy has a stock G and the Mojo blows it away. Of course my mojo isn't stock. But why spend 150K when you can get darn close with a 70K boat.

What all do you have done to your mojo ballast wise?

Ngarcia
07-15-2016, 05:17 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160715/d7d1f6b21d585eda3f1726c14c9ba8a6.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160715/4750caeb420aaa243e349dd8e9895aa8.jpg
The first is with stock ballast and the second is with 1100s in the rear lockers

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

smorris7
07-15-2016, 05:26 PM
What all do you have done to your mojo ballast wise?

1500 lb Enzo sac on port surf side plus 240 lbs lead. 1100 lbs starboard non surf full. Hard tank, 750IBS plus another 200lbs lead in bow. Manuel flow on 3 setting 10.8 to 11.3 mph

MJHSupra
07-15-2016, 05:27 PM

You are also asking this question on a Moomba site. What kind of answer do you think you will get?
Spend sometime on WakeWorld and WATCH the different comments over there. Major brand loyalty. Many threads that argue back/forth.

I agree. Too many variables. Just look at the SC boat lines. There is a difference in Moomba vs Supra. One is starting at 70K and the other is around 95K? Both need aftermarket to get to the 'dialed-in'. Both can get great surf waves. If you do not care about the "extra stuff", then buy the less expensive one.

If you use the boat more than 3 months a year and you had the money to buy what you wanted, how many guys on here would rather have a new SC, SA, or SG or vs. the CRAZ or MOJO? I'm not looking to start the Supra vs Moomba debate, but there is a difference in the "extras". Is the surf wake that much better for the extra $$$, different answer depending on who you ask.

I looked at the Tige at the boat show, never been towed by one. They looked nice and I hear good things from the owners, not many where I live.
I would take a G-series any day (then add a bag or two), but would never shell-out that many clams.

Overall Moomba is a great boat for the $$$.

Mwcraz
07-15-2016, 07:16 PM
Mastercraft is introducing an XT line that fits between the NXT and X line of boats (tight squeeze). I have heard great things about the gen 2 surf system. In my price range I felt the Craz was a better value than the NXT. But if I were to spend a little more this XT line could have been an option. I am not sure if they are in dealers yet but they are available to order. Overall all these boats can have a great wave with little modifications. I would upgrade the prop as it is necessary if you go with more weight. Just my 2 cents.

icemanftr
07-15-2016, 10:38 PM
I think if I was loaded and lived in the "3 months of the year" season part of the world I would still go with Moomba. To me those high end ones are too much to have sitting around 3/4 of the year.

Lol you would be amazed and the high dollar boars that sell up here in CDA and Spokane area. Even if I was rich I wouldn't buy a Nautique. The wave isn't anything to celebrate and it's no better than Supra lineup as far as bells and whistles.

Isaguel
07-16-2016, 04:29 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlIgFZf4M1Y

My mojo with the only mod of adding 1100 lb bags in the back and the engine wall reinforcing struts. I look pretty relaxed and it doesn't look very exciting, but the point is I can surf without much effort.Kind of hard to justify the extra 50k on a high end boat, nauitque, MC.
Now I justhave tp learn some tricks:cool: