PDA

View Full Version : Question on Wakeboard setup

Sp8
07-11-2016, 07:29 PM
We have been surfing for a few years but don't do much Wakeboarding. Have some guys that will want to board this weekend and was hoping for some ideas on a basic setup. Do you use ballast and if so, how much and where? Whats an appropriate speed? Any other thoughts wud be appreciated.

Thanks

beat taco
07-11-2016, 09:22 PM
Depends on rider skill. 21 is good for most, 23 for guys who are doing tricks, no ballast if you aren't jumping, 1/2 ballast for most, full ballast for guys doing tricks. At least that's my formula. Beginners can ride at 20.

Sp8
07-11-2016, 10:16 PM
Depends on rider skill. 21 is good for most, 23 for guys who are doing tricks, no ballast if you aren't jumping, 1/2 ballast for most, full ballast for guys doing tricks. At least that's my formula. Beginners can ride at 20.

Thanks Jake. Do you fill ski locker and bow also??? or just the rears???

beat taco
07-11-2016, 10:18 PM
My supra loved bow weight so I always had that one full.

Broke Pilot
07-16-2016, 10:50 AM
For wakeboarding, the speeds posted above are spot on. Ballast, just slam it! Lol
These newer boats out out a fantastic wake with little to no ballast, so just fill until it looks good. You can also use the rear ballast to compensate for uneven weight in the boat due to where people sit. Fill on the opposite side until you have a nice even wake with no white wash on the lip.

NickBoj
07-16-2016, 10:56 AM
On the rare occasion that we go Wakeboarding we go 19-20 mph with ballast 3/4 full and the wake plate 3/4 down. Were mostly beginners, but thats our combination for the perfect lip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk