PDA

View Full Version : 15 mondo with manual surf.. help

ybarbo17
07-09-2016, 10:44 AM
hey guys i was wondering if anyone has had some experience with this set up, is it better to run both rear lockers full or the surf side considerably more weighted then the non surf side.... stock set up with surf edition with manual surf?

icemanftr
07-09-2016, 11:52 AM
Best rule of thumb with Manual flow - fill both lockers and bow, deploy flow on opposite side of surf and go. Drain non surf side sack tell wave looks ideal. My LSV still liked a little list with manual flow. I ran 80surf/40%nonsurf on port side and 80/30 on starboard side. Each boat will differ on many factors. Best way is to fill and drain non surf side locker while you drive tell you find optimum wave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blackcup
07-09-2016, 01:58 PM
I'll second that!! This is exactly what we did when we had our manual flow too.

North Woods Mobius
07-09-2016, 03:16 PM
Best rule of thumb with Manual flow - fill both lockers and bow, deploy flow on opposite side of surf and go. Drain non surf side sack tell wave looks ideal. My LSV still liked a little list with manual flow. I ran 80surf/40%nonsurf on port side and 80/30 on starboard side. Each boat will differ on many factors. Best way is to fill and drain non surf side locker while you drive tell you find optimum wave.

That's super helpful ... Did you guys find an optimal position for the manual flow plate between positions 1, 2 and 3?

icemanftr
07-09-2016, 03:39 PM
That's super helpful ... Did you guys find an optimal position for the manual flow plate between positions 1, 2 and 3?

Never really could see a drastic difference between settings. Best case is find your clean wake and then adjust plate back and forth.

CFD3Captain
07-10-2016, 08:17 PM
My 14' seems to like the 3rd setting (all the way down) My best setup (so far) seems to be 900 port side full (or as full as it can be) Starboard side is 1/2 to 3/4 and front is full (750 IBS).

This video was shot with just my wife and daughter in the boat. Wife was driving and my daughter (about 100#) was setting surf side. The was also before my new prop....which I SWEAR seemed to make the wave even cleaner. I thought I was crazy that the wave felt and looked better but I googled it and some others posted similar results. Call me crazy.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmJbf6VSbpo

North Woods Mobius
07-11-2016, 08:09 AM
That wave looks fantastic. We have a tall wave with push, but it's quite short and we're surfing almost right on top of the platform. Where are you guys running your wakeplate?

kaneboats
07-11-2016, 10:34 AM
Funny you mention that about the prop. One of the strange things we noticed when we did the testing of multiple props a few years back was that changing the prop also affected the wash and the "clean" look of the wave.

CFD3Captain
07-11-2016, 02:40 PM
Funny you mention that about the prop. One of the strange things we noticed when we did the testing of multiple props a few years back was that changing the prop also affected the wash and the "clean" look of the wave.

I guess I am not crazy!! :) I can't wait to get to the Lake this weekend for a week to get some more time surfing and some new videos. I don't "Hope" for it to happen, but maybe I can get out one time with just my wife and daughter to shoot a comparable vid. Then the others can come out to ride :)

CFD3Captain
07-11-2016, 02:43 PM

Funny you ask, my wake plate gauge is acting up (read upside down) but the plate works as it should. My wife is fairly sure it is all the way. She's getting the hang of moving it and noticing if the wave changes etc...

I'm sure it's just the difference in hulls and that I have a little more ballast up front. Maybe try listing it a little more. I noticed mine was tall and I was right on the platform then I started filling the non-surf side less.

JD14Mondo
07-11-2016, 02:49 PM
What prop were you running and what did you switch too? Thinking about changing mine. I have the acme 537 and mainly wake surf. Thanks.

kaneboats
07-11-2016, 03:06 PM
I run the 1161, which is the same prop as the 537 with slightly different cupping. I'm now running about 2250 lbs. of ballast and it has no problem. I like this "tweener" prop b/c I have two daughters who ski and I like to go fast sometimes anyway. I have no intention of adding more ballast but have had more in the past and it struggled a bit to get on plane.

blackcup
07-11-2016, 03:25 PM
If I had a beginner up I would have it at setting 3 ... my wife and I would ride it at 2.

CFD3Captain
07-11-2016, 04:36 PM
Re-read my post from earlier, WAKE PLATE is all the way UP!

I switched from 537 to 1235

ybarbo17
07-17-2016, 06:21 AM
thanks alot for the info guys it helped!

jedandsara
07-24-2016, 11:01 PM
On my 2014 with manual flow we surf goofy and we fill 1100 surf side as full as we can get it. Non surf side 1100 we usually end up somewhere between 75% and 85%. That being said I also use the stock 650 bag under the bench behind the driver seat. I am guessing I get about 400 lbs in it. I fill the center tank and my 750 IBS in the bow. Usually surf with just a driver in the boat. Wave is best with a couple people in the boat with them sitting in the bow. Usually have our manual surf tab at 2. And sorry just noticed your asking about a Mondo mine is a Mojo.

smorris7
07-26-2016, 09:44 AM
Great looking wave!