PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Moomba Mondo Draft

spleen
07-08-2016, 10:01 AM
I am thinking of buying a Moomba Mondo but i have about 100 feet of fairly shallow rock/sand waterfront to get out to the deep part of the lake. I see the draft says 25". My question is what do you think is the minimum depth to slowly drive this boat out to deep water with a full tank of gas and lets say 5 people in the boat?

DFTR Josh
07-08-2016, 10:21 AM
2.5' but that would stress me out, heck even 3' would. Is there an option to build a walk out dock to keep it deep?

Dandy21
07-08-2016, 10:41 AM
One thing to keep in mind is if you have waves coming into shore, this will lift and lower the boat/water as the waves pass causing the boat to potentially bounce off the bottom.

Will you be keeping it on a lift? If so, you will need alot more water to get the boat to float off the lift.
Does the water level fluctuate during the season? If might be 25" now, but could that be 20" on a dry year?

Just a few things to consider...most of which I have dealt with.

mattsask
07-08-2016, 10:42 AM
I have a craz and regularly dock it in 27" of water. It's a bit touch and go, but it's very do-able in my situation because of the sand bottom. My depth finder indicates 1.7 feet but that must be calibrated from the bottom of the hull.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

spleen
07-08-2016, 11:43 AM
Thanks for your responses. It is too far to extend the dock. I have 33" at the lowest point. Most of the shallow portion is around 4-5 feet deep but there is the one spot at 33". Given the lack of rain we are close to the lowest point I have seen on this land locked lake in the last 7 years. Waves are not really an issue as in a bit of a bay. Given this info do you think 30" to 33" is sufficient? Thanks in advance of your response.

spleen
07-08-2016, 02:16 PM
I have a craz and regularly dock it in 27" of water. It's a bit touch and go, but it's very do-able in my situation because of the sand bottom. My depth finder indicates 1.7 feet but that must be calibrated from the bottom of the hull.

Thanks Matt so you would say 30"-33" (at the lowest) for the Mondo which is 2.5" less of a draft than the craz would likely be okay?

mattsask
07-08-2016, 02:23 PM
I would definitely try it. Make sure your ballast is empty and if you have more than a couple passengers, put them in the bow.