PDA

View Full Version : Aviator Tower

snyderaaron
07-05-2016, 10:52 AM
Anyone with an older style tower every consider upgrading to the new aviator tower? I could see how the aesthetics would really improve on the boat.

FlatLander7
07-05-2016, 11:45 PM
I would love one to replace my oz HD because I hate the way the Bimini is located and gets in the way of rope coming from the tower. I just didn't figure it would be the same measurements to swap them out without some gel & glass work so I never looked into any further

moombadaze
07-06-2016, 08:56 AM
having had a 08 and a 13 LSV, I can say that they both have advantages and disadvantages. now if I could swap towers it would be to put the 08 style tower on the 13.

08-some positives-tower speakers are further back, tow point is further back and the tow rope wont contact the bimini. easier to add more racks
negatives--front bars block vision at times

13 some positives--wide open view
negatives-tow rope rubbing bimini, tower speakers right overhead, limited rack adding

both towers need two people to raise and lower, hower I was able to do the 08 singlehanded if I had to

just some thoughts real quick on the idea

icemanftr
07-08-2016, 02:52 PM
both towers need two people to raise and lower, hower I was able to do the 08 singlehanded if I had to

That's odd. I have always raised and lowered my tower by myself, even with 4 towers on there. 2013 LSV. Probably because I lift bro. 💪💪😉

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FlatLander7
07-09-2016, 12:18 AM
That's odd. I have always raised and lowered my tower by myself, even with 4 towers on there. 2013 LSV. Probably because I lift bro. 💪💪😉

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't strain yourself tooting that horn, lol :cool:

bergermaister
07-10-2016, 02:04 AM
Anyone with an older style tower every consider upgrading to the new aviator tower? I could see how the aesthetics would really improve on the boat.

If you ever do go through with this let me know what you'd let your old one go for...