PDA

View Full Version : Oil Change

chris415
06-02-2003, 11:55 PM
Hi, I have a Mobius V 1999 model, and have always had oil changes done at the dealer, but I would like to learn how to do it myself. I understand that there is a hose that releases the oil from the engine and travels out thru the drain plug. However I am having problems finding where all the parts are located (is there a diagram?) Also does anyone have a trick to getting to the oil filter, it seems to be hard to get too. Also, do I pour new oil back into engine via the 1.5 inch cap ontop of the engine? (just want to be sure) Additionally, is there a valve that I need to turn to relase the oil into the hose?

thanks
/chris

waterboy
06-04-2003, 05:15 AM
Chris,
Look for a long hose with brass fittings on the end, tucked up underneath the engine. Should be on the same side as the filter. There's no valve to open, just remove the end cap with a wrench.
The filter is a little awkward to remove without spilling any oil. I find an old plastic milk jug cut down to size works well as a drain pan for it. Leave a large rag underneath it anyway when you remove it, to keep the bilge clean.
The cap on top of the valve cover is where the oil is added.
The Indmar owners manual gives you step by step instructions but if you don't have one you can download the 2001 version at http://www.indmar.com/files/manual/indmar_2001_om.pdf

Give it a minute or to to load, it's a big file. Hope this helps and good luck.

Brian

chris415
06-04-2003, 07:44 PM
Thanks! Great resource..