PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Pass

Tee Jay
07-13-2006, 07:20 PM
I have an 06' Outback V
and I wanna get perfect pass really bad ecept i dont know how hard it is to install your self or how much it cost for the dealer or whatever to put it in.
if you know about how much the dealers price is or have put it in by your self let me know how hard it was.

thanks

YellowMoomba0
07-14-2006, 12:35 PM
Definately easy to install yourself. Fishing the cable is a pain, I used a plumbing snake with a wad of yarn or constuction string balled up. Fish as far forward as possible and then vacuum from inside the bulk head under the dash. Eventually you catch the yarn with the vacuum. From there on an 06, everything is plug and play. Instructions for connecting to carb or EFI are staight forward. Installing the display should take 10 minutes.

Tee Jay
07-14-2006, 08:19 PM
Alrite, do you think it was worth the work.

YellowMoomba0
07-17-2006, 08:21 AM
Yes, but I dont know how much it costs to have dealer do it. For me it was worth it to do myself.

WaterRoo
07-17-2006, 01:10 PM
Did you buy your Perfect Pass through a dealer or from another source?

Thanks

mattjj23
07-22-2006, 09:58 PM
I just installed perfect pass on my 06' Outback yesterday. I took a little time but it was definately worth it, the dealer wanted to charge me $275.00. The best way I found to fish the wire from the servo to the dash was to use a dune flag pole. The same ones you put on your quads at the dunes. It is about 6 feet long and flexible. Tape the wire to the end of the stick and pull it through. It was very easy to install.