PDA

View Full Version : Ballast pump question

Camo323
06-27-2016, 11:27 PM
I am assuming that there is one pump for all 3 ballasts? 2005 lsv. I have one bag not filling and swapped wires on the valves but trying to eliminate problems. One or 3 pumps? Bags are back left and right and ski locker. Thanks

kaneboats
06-28-2016, 08:20 AM
You should have a single fill pump (Rule 2000 but actually 1200 gph) and 3 separate empty pumps (Rule 700). The aerator pumps and valves in that system are notorious for getting air lock, especially after trailering. You can disconnect lines and turn on the pump to purge air. Sometimes you just have to run about 15 to 20 MPH and turn on the pump to get the air purged out. You can search this forum with "aerator air lock" for more info. Good luck!

gregski
06-28-2016, 10:57 AM
If it's just one bag not filling, I'd focus on the valve. There is a little manual lever that you could try, which could eliminate any solenoid/wiring/electrical problems.

Camo323
06-28-2016, 12:36 PM
You should have a single fill pump (Rule 2000 but actually 1200 gph) and 3 separate empty pumps (Rule 700). The aerator pumps and valves in that system are notorious for getting air lock, especially after trailering. You can disconnect lines and turn on the pump to purge air. Sometimes you just have to run about 15 to 20 MPH and turn on the pump to get the air purged out. You can search this forum with "aerator air lock" for more info. Good luck!

Thanks for the info! I will purge that side. I did flip the valve which I thought would manually override the switch but nothing filled. I know now that the pump is working so I will go to work on the valve that isn't working. THANKS!!