PDA

View Full Version : Craz Ibs

jmbushey
06-23-2016, 08:42 AM
I bought my Craz with 1100 rears but didn't get the Ibs bag. Was thinking it would be a big improvement. Anyone have experience with and without it? Anyone have experience with the wakemakers piggy back kit and what bag would you recommend?

Thanks guys!

07STI
06-23-2016, 09:30 AM
What were you thinking would be a big improvement? The 1,100s in the rear, or the IBS? And what were you thinking it would improve? Surfing, wakeboarding, ride, or something else?

If you fill rear 1,100's and the center tank, and have little-to-no weight up front, you're going to have a hell of a time planing out.

You absolutely need weight up front (an IBS)...And likely need a prop upgrade unless your boat came prepared with the right prop for that extra weight.

jmbushey
06-23-2016, 09:49 AM
It came from the dealership with the 1100. Was wondering / hoping the ibs would help with surfing and wakeboarding. We have a huge wave and plenty of push but thought it might help add some length surfing and improve the wakeboarding wake as well. My boat came with the OJ 14.25x14.5 4 blade. I am in northern Indiana and with wake plate up I definitely have a ton of bow rise but seems to be planning out in a acceptable time frame.

Have only had the boat a week and half, got passed the break in period and surfed twice.

Thanks for the advice

DFTR Josh
06-23-2016, 10:09 AM
Congrats on the new boat! Will you take a couple of shots of how the 1100's fit in your lockers? I just got a set of 820's yesterday and damn they seem like they will fill the locker quite well. I would suggest to get a bag and put it on your front seats with all the rest of your ballast full. I ordered the 15x13 prop with my Craz and you would love the difference from your prop. People are even going a little more aggressive with a 12 pitch prop with as much weight you're running in the rear. Great looking boat by the way!

jmbushey
06-23-2016, 10:42 AM
Thanks! I will take a couple pictures tomorrow evening. Just ordered the wakemakers panel saver the other day they definitely were pushing on the divider big time. Where did you get your pro? any recommendations?

DFTR Josh
06-23-2016, 10:58 AM
I've had wakemakers panel saver since my 650's pushed the panels quite a bit also. Your asking about a pro... I think you mean prop. My prop came from the factory as a slight upgrade choice and my dealer orders all with the 13 pitch prop being such high elevation. Upgrading your prop is a must unless you tend to haul ass across the lake or ski. Everybody talks about the Acme 2079 (14.5x12) which is a great prop. I myself would run the Acme 2315 (15x12) if I had to get another prop. Pretty much takes your WOT to 32 MPH but I rarely hit over 25 with anything we do. Also invest into a C clamp puller to change your own prop, really easy and good to know how to when on the lake. Keep your stock prop as a back up just in case.

DFTR Josh
06-23-2016, 11:15 AM
Also invest into a C clamp puller to change your own prop
I would look hard at a kit like this http://www.marine-products.com/acme-prop-puller-kit-traditional-4999.html and you can use code DFTR2016 at checkout to save a little cash.

jmbushey
06-28-2016, 09:38 AM

deckwork
06-29-2016, 08:15 AM
Thanks for the pictures. I have a Craz as well and am really thinking about upgrading rear bags but have concerns.
1 pressure on engine wall
2 how they change the surf wave does it just make it taller and loose length or does it get taller and longer
3 I would think that the engineers that designed the surf system would have made it so that it all worked together, stock ballast, hull and surf tabs.
4 just seems that if the boat was designed to have that much weight in the rear they would have done it from the start to put out the best product possibe.

Am I just over thinking this really need some feed back from Craz owners that have had both stock and upgrade, with pros and cons and changes they noticed to the wave.

jmbushey
06-29-2016, 08:43 AM
I only surfed the stock setup once when I demoed the boat but the larger rears made a HUGE difference in height and length in my opinion. So I demoed a craz with the stock surf package, I bought mine with the 1100 rears and no front bag. Without the front bag and the 1100 rears the wave was massive in height but probably was shorter than the stock setup in length but I filled one of my old 540 bags and seat it on the floor in the bow and it went to taller and longer than the stock surf package. (Hope that all made sense) I will definitely be adding the ibs bag but will keep putting a bag on the floor for now.

The 1100's do push on the engine compartment divider, I would say it pushes it in about 1/2" but it doesn't come in contact with anything. I have ordered the wakemakers panel saver and from what I have read it keeps the bags from pushing it in any.

It seems like all of the manufactures always go extremely conservative, yes it surfs just fine stock but it is definitely improved in both height and length with more weight. I don't think you would regret with larger bags at all as long as you have the front bag.

07STI
06-29-2016, 08:59 AM
Thanks for the pictures. I have a Craz as well and am really thinking about upgrading rear bags but have concerns.
2 how they change the surf wave does it just make it taller and loose length or does it get taller and longer
3 I would think that the engineers that designed the surf system would have made it so that it all worked together, stock ballast, hull and surf tabs.
4 just seems that if the boat was designed to have that much weight in the rear they would have done it from the start to put out the best product possibe.

Am I just over thinking this really need some feed back from Craz owners that have had both stock and upgrade, with pros and cons and changes they noticed to the wave.

1 - Get the panel savers
2 - Wave will get taller...Can't speak to length impact, but you can always add more up front if you want it longer
3 - Agreed, but part of it likely comes down to that little capacity sticker. If they put 1,100's in stock, the net 900# increase would reduce the weight capacity from 2,400 to 1,500. With a passenger capacity of 16 (per the sticker), you go from 150#'s per person to 93.75#'s per person (this is excluding gear).
4 - One would think, but see #3 above. Also, if they put 1,100's in stock people load it up with 10 people + gear + full "stock" ballast, they're going to be well over the weight rating.

It does suck having to shell out extra money to get the wave how you want it, but I'm really happy with the upgraded rear weight, panel savers, and new prop combo.

mattsask
06-29-2016, 11:00 AM
I've got 1100 rears 700 under the floor plus the 500 ibs up front and I run about 300 lbs under the bow filler cushion to lengthen the wave a bit. It must be a struggle running 1100's and no ibs, you would definitely benefit from adding it. As for the panel savers, they do help, but don't completely eliminate the panel bow.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Connolly_Crew
06-29-2016, 02:07 PM

The accountants will NEVER let them put out the best product possible. If you want it done right......

Yes, you are overthinking this. I run the equivalent of approx 6k when I surf.... And full o' people. Slam that boat and relax. This is fun!!!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wolfeman131
06-29-2016, 02:10 PM
The accountants will NEVER let them put out the best product possible. If you want it done right......

Incorrect.

It's the LAWYERS.

Connolly_Crew
06-29-2016, 02:10 PM
Incorrect.

It's the LAWYERS.

Ha, my bad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07STI
06-29-2016, 02:14 PM
Incorrect.

It's the LAWYERS.

That's it!

deckwork
06-29-2016, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the input that's great will get the 1100s

blackcup
06-29-2016, 08:09 PM
I can vouch for the panel savers too. Definitely worth the money ... or others have made their own. When I added 900s then 1100s to my Mojo the regular side locker would bow in and clip the fuse and I would lose power to the pumps. After doing that a few times I installed the divider kit and all is good now. The panels barely move.

jmbushey
07-05-2016, 04:41 PM
Has anyone tried the straightline 750 bag? Will it fit or do I need to stay with the 500? Does anyone have a coupon code for wakemakers?

07STI
07-05-2016, 04:49 PM
Has anyone tried the straightline 750 bag? Will it fit or do I need to stay with the 500? Does anyone have a coupon code for wakemakers?

I have it. The bag definitely fits/works, but it doesn't fill 100%. It's hard to say how full it is. I'm guessing 85%.

jmbushey
07-05-2016, 09:58 PM
Awesome thanks

jmbushey
07-19-2016, 07:45 PM
Anyone have any advice or tips for installing the piggyback system. I am going to install the system this weekend.

Thanks in advance.

07STI
07-19-2016, 07:53 PM
Make sure to get really hot water ready so the tube expands and is pliable enough to get onto the fittings.

Woody929
07-19-2016, 09:34 PM
Make sure to get really hot water ready so the tube expands and is pliable enough to get onto the fittings.

This^^^ You can freeze the fittings, and get the hose really hot (I mean put it in boiling water), and they go together easy.

On the LSV, I think I cussed my way through the the first one I did before I did the above.

07STI
07-19-2016, 10:18 PM
I asked my wife to take the kids inside during the install...things escalated quickly.