PDA

View Full Version : Isolating head unit from ignition switch

Crane man
06-22-2016, 09:32 PM
Has anyone isolated the head unit "ignition/power on" from the key? I am very electrically skilled but if someone found the easy way without tearing apart the CB distribution I would like to know. I am sick of loosing toons every time I shut down to switch riders/ or have jumpers. Head unit is fusion MS-RA205 on 2015 mondo. Thanks

MLA
06-22-2016, 09:57 PM
take the wire off the ACC terminal and wire it to a rocker switched B+

Crane man
06-22-2016, 10:18 PM
take the wire off the ACC terminal and wire it to a rocker switched B+

Thanks. I will do that and report back.

Crane man
06-23-2016, 02:02 AM
No terminals to take wires from. Need special insert/removal tools to pull terminations from cb blocks. Guess it is a cut n splice job. I was hoping to just pull n swap some connections. No joy there. Going to use spare acc switch to run power for tunes n swap cb to handle load. No quick n easy fix.

MLA
06-23-2016, 09:41 AM
Never seen a key switch on a boat that required special tools to remove a wire. They either have a typical male spade or a round eye post and screw. You have a B+, RUN, CRANK and ACC.

JesseC
06-23-2016, 11:41 AM
I spliced the power wire into the positive power block under the dash. Now as long as the batteries are on the radio has power. Only issue is you have to remember to hit the power button when docking temporarily. When you cut your batteries off the unit goes dead for longer term docking/storage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crane man
06-23-2016, 12:32 PM
I ended up doing something very similar. Only I went through an unused ACC switch. This way I can power down without disconnecting batteries.

parrothd
06-23-2016, 01:31 PM
Thanks guys, was just wondering how to fix this..lol