PDA

View Full Version : Speedo calibration help for '15 Mojo

Ruzzbutz
06-22-2016, 07:51 AM
Anyone know how to calibrate the speedometer on the '15 mojo? Mine seems to be 2-3 mph off. I saw online and in the manual that there is a knob under the dash, but I looked everywhere behind mine and didn't see anything. Any direction is appreciated.

Fastest1
06-22-2016, 09:29 AM
I have a much older boat ( 2008 ) but typically the potentiometer is under the dash near the key switch. It is not in a bracket of any kind just tie wrapped to the wires.

jeamk03
06-22-2016, 10:52 AM
You should be able to set the offset in the menu options, but I don't remember which ones. My 15 Mojo was off 2 mph and I adjusted using gps app. Was easy.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ruzzbutz
06-22-2016, 11:09 AM
so you use the offset to calibrate it? I wasnt sure what that was for but I saw it in the computer menu. thanks

CFD3Captain
06-22-2016, 02:52 PM
You should be able to set the offset in the menu options, but I don't remember which ones. My 15 Mojo was off 2 mph and I adjusted using gps app. Was easy.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I think he is speaking of the speedometer itself and not the digital reading. The speedometer should have a potentiometer under the dash...my 14 Mondo is up and to the far right (if looking from the floor) The offset is to set the digital readout. I am still messing with mine....I had it set perfect so I thought going 20 mph and using a GPS but when surfing, the speed was off again. I don't get it.

Ruzzbutz
06-22-2016, 03:15 PM
Ok so now I'm a little confused. I want to set the digital speed readout so when I set the cruise for surfing it's at the right speed. I've actually already ordered the GPS replacement unit so I can do away with the paddlewheel surges altogether, but they said the GPS unit and speedometer still need to be calibrated correctly once it's installed. So the offset effects the digital speed readout and the potentiometer effects the analog speedometer gauge? I guess I thought they were connected somehow and not independent of each other.

Fastest1
06-22-2016, 04:56 PM
The analog speedo is controlled by a stepper motor. Depending on the software configuration it can be configured many ways but it will inevitably have to match the speedo's requirements of steps per revolution. Input devices (the paddle wheel) are encoders.

Ruzzbutz
06-23-2016, 07:07 AM
Ok... So can anyone describe the process used to calibrate the paddlewheel speed for the cruise control on the display panel? I'm guessing use a handheld gps and use the paddlewheel offset function. Then if I want the analog speedometer to match I'll find the knob under the dash that controls that. Right?

Fastest1
06-23-2016, 09:29 PM
That is the way I understand it. If you have an iphone, it should tell the speed.

North Woods Mobius
07-04-2016, 12:22 AM
Ok... So can anyone describe the process used to calibrate the paddlewheel speed for the cruise control on the display panel? I'm guessing use a handheld gps and use the paddlewheel offset function. Then if I want the analog speedometer to match I'll find the knob under the dash that controls that. Right?

I'm jumping on this thread as I have a similar problem with my 2014 LSV, where I have ~2mph differential between my digital readout and GPS app ...... I assume the process is the same as described above?

Ruzzbutz - were you able to fix it on your '15 Mojo?

mazzyel2162
07-04-2016, 07:38 AM
correct. The speedo calibration knob is under the dash. Simple, simple simple thing to do.

North Woods Mobius
07-04-2016, 09:42 AM
correct. The speedo calibration knob is under the dash. Simple, simple simple thing to do.

Cool, thanks. And the digital calibration is the same as described below and completley separate from the analog calibration via the knob, right? I wish I had read this thread last summer ....

blackcup
07-05-2016, 01:09 AM
What is the name of the app to DL that gives you an accurate speedo reading? I have a feeling mine might be off and would love to be able to verify.

CFD3Captain
07-05-2016, 07:53 AM
What is the name of the app to DL that gives you an accurate speedo reading? I have a feeling mine might be off and would love to be able to verify.

Just search GPS Speed in the App store. It will bring up quite a few of them. I used Speed Box

russellsmojo
07-05-2016, 09:02 AM
I use the navionics app. It is a must for new lake or evening runs. It has gps speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smorris7
07-05-2016, 09:18 AM
I use the navionics app. It is a must for new lake or evening runs. It has gps speed.

Yes, this.

Ruzzbutz
07-14-2016, 03:03 PM
I'm jumping on this thread as I have a similar problem with my 2014 LSV, where I have ~2mph differential between my digital readout and GPS app ...... I assume the process is the same as described above?

Ruzzbutz - were you able to fix it on your '15 Mojo?

Sorry for the delay haven't been on here for a while. So on my '15, as far as I can tell there is no "knob" for the analog speedometer, i looked everywhere and didn't see anything. The digital speed and cruise control are controlled through the display menu under "paddlewheel offset." Mine was 2-3 MPH off. It's pretty hard to do by yourself so make sure you have someone with you to drive while you're changing the offset settings to get the speed right. I had to cycle back and forth like 15 times before i had it calibrated - just synced it up to the iphone - downloaded a free "boat speed" app. Honestly I never even look at the dial gauge speedometer so I'm not sure if it affected that at all.