PDA

View Full Version : Mooring Cover & Normal Snap Cockpit & bow cover

trevormcfar
06-21-2016, 06:28 PM
Hi guys,
So I have a snap cockpit and bow cover thats made of sunbrella material... Stock - came with the boat in 2008. Anyways, I am looking for a mooring cover to help keep the elements out during storage/rain as the snap optino does not work well. I have re-fabric guarded the tarp, which definately helps but the water still comes in. My buddy has a 2008 LSV (mine is a 2008 XLV) and his mooring cover does not have the same feel as my sunbrella snap tarp. Its more of a canvas or harder material than the softer sunbrella.... Bascically th esame as a master craft or malibu mooring cover. Anyways, I called a USA dealer to see if they can order me one from factory which they can, however he said its the same sunbrella material as my snap cover? Does this make sense to you? From my experience, they are different fabric all together.... Thoughts?

Trev

zabooda
06-21-2016, 07:36 PM
My cover maker used Top Gun material and is 14 years old now and should last another 6-7 years and it stays on the boat year round outside. Heavy cover but it's not too bad when it warms up. Never a leak.

JHutch
06-22-2016, 08:56 AM
Try www.baldmikes.com He does Westland Exact Fit covers and has the best prices I could find. I think mine is a sharkskin supreme and it was around $400. Works very well to keep the elements out but not really a great towing cover.